Discuss Domestic rewire advice?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Surely if you have no experience , then you could not meet a competent value required , i would guess you would fail regs however long it took you and it could well be dangerous result. Is it worth that when you could get it done for around 4k-4.5k with certification , if its still worth the bash take out quality life and building insurance
Got to start somewhere WELLSIANA

Surely if you have no experience , then you could not meet a competent value required , i would guess you would fail regs however long it took you and it could well be dangerous result. Is it worth that when you could get it done for around 4k-4.5k with certification , if its still worth the bash take out quality life and building insurance
Got to start somewhere WELLSIANA

I'm an approved sparky mate. I know how to rewire a house electrically and I'll be signing it off too. Just don't do it day in and day out. The routing side of things etc. Been more commercial/industrial side. Was just curious to people's methods. Everyone does things slightly different. Somebody may suggest a more efficient way than myself. Always one that pops up with the sarcasm. I'm still willing to learn everyday and take on board others views buddy.

I'm an approved sparky mate. I know how to rewire a house electrically and I'll be signing it off too. Just don't do it day in and day out. The routing side of things etc. Been more commercial/industrial side. Was just curious to people's methods. Everyone does things slightly different. Somebody may suggest a more efficient way than myself. Always one that pops up with the sarcasm. I'm still willing to learn everyday and take on board others views buddy.
There was no sarcasm in my post just truth , maybe you should have worded your original post better , no mention of you being in the trade , in fact you say no your normal business , and then asked for advice , maybe if you had made any experience you had more apparent people would not think , hey up its the bread maker going to rewire his house , having said that i do nearly only Domestic electrical work , over 40 years Domestic , last week i got asked to put in 4 3 phase sockets , i still knew what to do , regs etc, so i stand by why if your in the trade you need to ask , as it just gets done when it gets done , especially as empty , no sarcasm was meant just honesty as i read it , and if you read original post from out of the box maybe you will see looking in its now not how the situation looks.

I was looking for advice on in a large dwelling and an erratic tripping mcb , asking other sparks who may have had the problem to give advice to avoid full breakdown to test circuits , to identify likelihoods , and i did resolve it , i thought that was what the forum was for , i appreciate this guy was looking for advice but never gave indication he was a spark , hence advice would be different to a baker , so your point is worthless as i see it

It seems to me the Mcb thread was for alternative thoughts or getting confirmation of what was in mind
This thread has been no different other than the content

Neither threads were or are about competence, they are about shared ideas and procedures of those operating in this trade

...He's havin' a go at the bakers,now...although maybe it's not them,specifically,but all general producers of sweet and savoury,cooked goods...;)

Reply to Domestic rewire advice?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock