Discuss Domestic rewire radials or ring final,s ??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all

normaly on my rewires i do ring finals but on the rewire i am about to start in april ( 3 bed semi ) i was considering using radials for the sockets using 4mm t&e and 32a mcb just want to know is any one eles out there rewireing domestic properts using radials or sticking to ring fianals ??

Richard

I have done on a few jobs, a mixture of both as the need arises, normally because of ease of wiring

Dont have a regs book handy but am I right in saying you need to use 90c thermoplastic to get the ccc of a 4mm cable upto 32 amps unless its clipped direct? Seem to remember that 70c 4mm is something like 28 amps using any other installation method other than clipped direct

Last edited:
Im also swaying more to radials these days....

It annoys me when you find like 2 sockets and someones wired it as a ring, Ive seen one socket on a so called ring!!...people think sockets and then think ring...open your minds...not directed at anyone on here by the way...

Im also swaying more to radials these days....

It annoys me when you find like 2 sockets and someones wired it as a ring, Ive seen one socket on a so called ring!!...people think sockets and then think ring...open your minds...not directed at anyone on here by the way...
well this just reinforces the argument for using the most APPROPRIATE layout for the situation encounteres now doesnt it.....

Certainly wouldn't use a radial on the downstairs outlets, but probably fine on the upstairs low usage areas. But as Glen has stated you design your circuits to suit the requirements/layout/situation your dealing with, .....and not the other way round!!

Those that keep going on about the ease of installing Radials over rings and why they use them, are just telling me they have trouble testing and fault finding. As for the nonsense about easier to add outlets at a later stage, i think they must be talking about extending from the last outlet, certainly no different to a ring circuit elsewhere...

Reply to Domestic rewire radials or ring final,s ??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock