Discuss Domestic Smoke Detector Recommendations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Looking for advice on reasonably priced, reliable smoke detectors to fit the following, any recommendations would be appreciated:
  • Mains operated
  • Radio/Wireless Interlink
  • Battery Backed

Aico it is then; the last time I priced the wireless ones, there were £80ish each (alarm & base). So can get expensive dependant on numbers.

Aico very time. As you say, with the radio bases/modules they are not cheap. I try only to use the radio interlink as a last resort!

Me too...Aico, and with the radio modules they are a breeze.
Ok, some feel they are pricey, but what price on ease of installation, speed thereof, and safety?
Yes this is why I am going for wireless. They are rental properties so are tenanted and I thought it would be a nightmare to try and run interlinks and end ups costing more than a wireless base.

Me too...Aico, and with the radio modules they are a breeze.
Ok, some feel they are pricey, but what price on ease of installation, speed thereof, and safety?
i used to be skeptical about the radio link bases but they havent missed a beat on the hundred or so installs i did this year alone

aico for me aswell, especially since they made the terminals a bit bigger

Yes this is why I am going for wireless. They are rental properties so are tenanted and I thought it would be a nightmare to try and run interlinks and end ups costing more than a wireless base.
time to lift carpets/floors remove plasterboard, fish cables etc i agree the radio link makes a saving cost wise, would you rather 2 hours extra to run a communication cable or pay a bit extra for a radio base and little disruption to existing decor, id go radio everytime

unless its a bungalow

time to lift carpets/floors remove plasterboard, fish cables etc i agree the radio link makes a saving cost wise, would you rather 2 hours extra to run a communication cable or pay a bit extra for a radio base and little disruption to existing decor, id go radio everytime

unless its a bungalow

Cheers everyone, gone with the Aico. I normally fit these but wire interlinked so I'm happy with the Aico unit. I was just surprised how much the wireless bases were so wondered what you guys were installing. I've quoted the landlord but not had a reply, I guess he's fallen off his chair and not got up yet.

Reply to Domestic Smoke Detector Recommendations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net