Discuss Domestic three phase with single phase PV - net metering in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

wtc

-
Reaction score
Another family member had a number of eco features added to the home when built a few years ago. This included a ground source heat pump, hence the three-phase, and solar PV.

I had a look at the setup recently and observed the solar PV is single phase. Furthermore, it is on a phase with one phase of the GSHP, bedroom rings and some lights.

The import meter gives readings for the normal and off peak time periods (they have an Eco20:20 tariff) and total. It did not seem to offer readings for the separate phases. Export is not metered.

My question is how the meter would deal with the PV phase exporting and the other two importing. Let's say, phase 1 is net exporting 2kW, phases 2 and 3 together net importing 3kW. Would it be:
A: Calculation of overall net import across the phases i.e. import of 1kW
B: Calculation of net import across phases importing, disregarding phases exporting i.e. 3kW

I would hope it is A, so that their daytime use of the dishwasher and washing machine are attempting to use their own generated power.

Yes, it is A. I do not have the link to hand but there is a standard published which states that meters should be programmed to do the sum net across the phases. I think it has been cited here before.

Thanks for the link. It's worth me checking it's working as it should (or get them to), since it leaves the possibility of B even though it should be A.

Reply to Domestic three phase with single phase PV - net metering in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net