Discuss Domestic in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Peter Woodford

Guys

don't have my big read book handy at mo can you answer the following

1. 32amp circuit were protective measure against electric shock is ads is the maximum disconnection time permitted by bs 7671 = 0.5s

2. maximum Zs permitted by bs7671 for a 32amp circuit

3. What is the bs(en) for a rcd domestic

cheers

Q1. Don;t understand the question!

Q2. Depends on type of protective device.

Q3.

BS 3036 Rewireable Fuses
BS 1361 Cartridge Fuses (Consumer Unit Type)
BS 1363 Plug Top Fuses
BS 88 Cartridge Fuses (General purpose)
BS EN 60898 Miniature Circuit Breakers
BS 3871 Miniature Circuit Breaker (Old Style)
BS EN 60947 3 Main Isolators
BS EN 61008 Main RCDs
BS EN 61009 1 RCB0s
BS 7288 RCD Sockets
BS 1363 13A Plug Tops
:D

32amp and above is 5.0 secs, 0.4 for anything below
Max Zs for type b 32 amp is 1.16 ohm.........already adjusted to 80%of 7671

32amp and above is 5.0 secs, 0.4 for anything below
Max Zs for type b 32 amp is 1.16 ohm.........already adjusted to 80%of 7671

Let me correct you slightly...

All final circuits rated 32A or under - disconnection time of 0.4s.
All distribution circuits and all final circuits OVER 32A - disconnection time of 5s.

And as stated above Max Zs for a tybe b MCB rated at 32A is 1.16 ohms(already with the 0.8 correction factor calculated).

Hope this makes things clearer for you

Cheers

Last edited:
Guys

don't have my big read book handy at mo can you answer the following

1. 32amp circuit were protective measure against electric shock is ads is the maximum disconnection time permitted by bs 7671 = 0.5s

2. maximum Zs permitted by bs7671 for a 32amp circuit

3. What is the bs(en) for a rcd domestic

cheers

1. dis time 0.4s
2.zs max 1.44 ohms
3.bsen 61009

Reply to Domestic in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net