Discuss Done a job for a friend and they paid me with a spit pulsa 800e in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sam cook

hello all, I've researched these tools and had one purchased for me after completing some work for a friend,

I was interested in using it on the slabs instead of traditional sds drill and plu method. I used it this week and it's brilliant.

Has anyone else used these and are they going to overtake traditional fixing methods on the slab?

Thanks
Sam

It's a nail gun which can be used to fix electrical clips and accessories direct into concrete/steel/brick etc. I watched some polish sparks on a site who had hem and they were flying with lighting fixings, they sell nails which are Fire rated and fire rated fixings to comply with current legislation. They were doing 20 fixings to my 5 using sds method. Look them up on YouTube besoeker. I'm surprised the fire alarm boys I've worked with haven't got them but I can see the price of prysman clips are very expensive.

I think they would be the de facto device if the price was cheaper. Look good though, gives me a new idea for what gadget I want next!

Some blokes spoke to got spit rep out and allowed them to use tool for the week. They allowed him to keep it free because the company bought two of them, not sure you situation whether your

I thought hat also but it's proving to be quite a asset to me in terms of getting more work done and going home slightly earlier with less dust covering and chewing concrete in the van on the way home! A lot of money though if you haven't got the right work. I've noticed a few socket boxes and dado trunk it's installed with This type of fixing which I'm in two minds inking if the next sparky comes along and wants to change it, will be a nightmare.

I use one of them for 1St fix. Best tool I've bought and if you're on price then it easily pays for itself. My wages increased by £300+ a week by swapping in my hammer drill and using a nail gun.
I never use it to fix trunking or back boxes with though as it's a complete nightmare to try and remove a box. I paid £550 for mine and I'll cry if I had to go back to a drill and hammering bang in clips.

As soon as you mentioned polish Sparks I switched off... I remember 10 years ago a spark told me they wouldn't affect the electrical trade. Then I heard that TC's had a base out there to train them and bring them over... sad state of affaires over there.

Must have met different Eastern European Sparks then... my opinions are quite the opposite.
It depends whether they qualified here or if they converted their old qualifications to get qualified here. The ones I work with have both Polish qualifications and british. . . Unless they faked their certs . .

I have a Hilti M&E model nail gun and it's useful. Don't really bother with the conduit fixings etc. but it's useful for cable tie holders e.g. above suspended ceilings. Can fire into steel or masonry or other materials. Definitely use ear protection though!

I'm not very fond of foreigners either, but anybody, from anywhere can be crap at their job, as well as being good at it. I've only worked with one polish lad and he was a proper grafter and decent lad to boot. One of those guns is on my list too!!

Does your polish lad ask for the same money? Or is he paid less? I totally understand that regardless of what country you're from you can either be good or bad at being an Electrician. When I was working in the U.K. I hated the mentality that was the race to the bottom in wages paid to these Eastern European Sparks. If they're good. Understand our regulations and ask for the going rate then obviously I have no issue. I'm currently living and working in a country that looks after there trades. Totally different spectrum then the UK. But there's a difference the Lads or sparkles stick together and will not allow de skilling of the trade with 3rd world labour.

Rant over

Last edited:
Does nobody remember the old Hilti fixing gun that took 0.44 rounds?

They were brilliant, up until it was necessary to hold a firearms license for them.

I thought I better change my initial reply. You've come back at me with the most ridiculous comment. Better get my head out of my arse.. well what did you think I done by moving away from that rubbish? Don't bother coming here. You'll be known as a grub. I made a ligit point about foreign, Eastern European labour which under cuts the indigenous workforce. Seriously your brash attitude "well I'll see what it's like over there" psh mate. Do one.

Last edited:

Reply to Done a job for a friend and they paid me with a spit pulsa 800e in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock