Discuss Don't go to Dubai if you are a sparkz in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I went years ago on my first honeymoon (well, 3 weeks in the Maldives and thankfully only 2 nights in Dubai on the way home). It was like being back at work, the whole place is a construction site. Not enjoyable at all. And the way the men looked at my (then) wife made my blood boil.

I went years ago on my first honeymoon (well, 3 weeks in the Maldives and thankfully only 2 nights in Dubai on the way home). It was like being back at work, the whole place is a construction site. Not enjoyable at all. And the way the men looked at my (then) wife made my blood boil.
Dubai was full of soviet hookers when i went and was offered drugs in every bar!! and if you think Dubai is bad... try Kuwait and Iraq - having had the unfortunate luck of going to both s**tholes when in the forces,the way the blokes looked at the female members of our units when out there was infuriating.
weird thing was the intel guys would tell us that the supposed holier than thou local village leaders in Iraq were often into young male kids... hypocrisy at its best.
The american forces we worked with told us about the issues they often had with the saudis getting a bit too close to the women and accidentally brushing up against them in malls and places.. do not be fooled by the veneer religious innocence out there.

No sense of humour over there I'm afraid.
Dubai is very liberal actually. Also alcohol is not illegal there for non-Muslims in a bar/private, so I'm not sure where that part of the story comes from. Having spent eight years in Saudi Arabia I can assure you that Dubai (if not other Emirates within the UAE) is actually very liberal.

apparently, according to today's news, chargeds been dropped.

Reply to Don't go to Dubai if you are a sparkz in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net