Discuss Don't you just love easy jobs on Saturdays in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

Electricalserv

snJust got home.

Absolute nightmare of a job. Only fitted 4 security lights but was in an old peoples home. Never ever work in one!!!

All security lights on PIR's. Cheap B&Q lights. £8 or so. Getting the settings right is an absolute bugger of a job! Especially when you have half the home walking round the garden when you're trying to set them.

One of them days were it took me 5 or 6 attemps to fish the cable through from interior to exterior because of those damn voids inbetween bricks. (no rods with me) Ended up using a piece of earth wire and tape to fish through in the end.

Bloody starving I am.....

Nightmare

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought you didn't do the rubbish work, and that you are a tester? So you were doing a bit of cable pulling and then DIY on some B&Q lights? I also see you're "starving", what a shame you weren't working for a JIB firm where you would have got a tea break and then a lunch break with a "job 'n' knock" and away at 2pm, oh that's right, you don't believe in union rules or having any conditions, you just get stuck in 'cos your a hero.:****:

surely you could have found a coat hanger in a coffin dodgers home?????

Thought you didn't do the rubbish work, and that you are a tester? So you were doing a bit of cable pulling and then DIY on some B&Q lights? I also see you're "starving", what a shame you weren't working for a JIB firm where you would have got a tea break and then a lunch break with a "job 'n' knock" and away at 2pm, oh that's right, you don't believe in union rules or having any conditions, you just get stuck in 'cos yo...ur a hero.:****:

Madmac...ha...I've defo hit a nerve with you mate. I did. 4 hours today. duh!!!! Job and knock coz I'm my own boss!!!!...duh. I am a tester!!!!!, I certified my own work today aswell. I do I wide range of things as an electrician!!! running cables, 1st fix, 2nd fix you name it I do it.

Shame on you madmac for loseing your rag. Thing is if the stuff we discuss wasn't true you would have laughed me off the forum but I've hit a nerve because what I say is true. You will always be a worker doing conduit and will always have to take your break when you are told and finish work when you are told. When its job 'n' knock for me everyday..... Haha

Something to consider to improve your mood is that because they are B&Q cheapies, you'll be back in a month to put some decent ones up so you'll get to do it all again. ;-)

I only got back in an hour ago. Was supposed to be working only a couple of hours and ended up almost doing a full day. An additional socket in a kitchen in a nice empty house. Did the socket, nice and easy. Went to test it and found some genius has twisted the earth cables of the kitchen ring together at the board. I needed to remove 8 of the 10 breakers and pull out all the cables so I could test it. Obviously I then had to put it all back together. One was not amused.

It's you that has bit Electricalserv, I was on the wind up lol:17:Anyhow, I was at a union meeting today and we were discussing how to help our fellow brethren in the electrical industry and that includes non members like you, because at the end of the day someone has to look out for all our benefit, it just happened to be me(muggins) on a Saturday whilst you went about your business unawares of the industry at large.

I'm officially retiring from this forum unless I need to ask something. Sick of the non banter and forum police...

Everybody is far too serious and you can't disagree without being reprimanded.

blimey, next you'll be telling us you're an everton supporter

It's you that has bit Electricalserv, I was on the wind up lol:17:Anyhow, I was at a union meeting today and we were discussing how to help our fellow brethren in the electrical industry and that includes non members like you, because at the end of the day someone has to look out for all our benefit, it just happened to be me(muggins) on a Saturday whilst you went about your business unawares of the industry at large.

hope it wasnt that wee scrote billy parker fea unite hes got a cheek to take a wage fea members

hope it wasnt that wee scrote billy parker fea unite hes got a cheek to take a wage fea members

Naw I don't know him mogga, it was a meeting about how the union can move forward as it has got too big and members can't use it too easy!!! I've been gawn tae the activist meetings at Glasgow which are held about every three months but which have stopped for the present time as Rab Sherry has been busy with rogue mobs pumping guys etc.
Oh and just for the record Electricalserv, wind your neck in and have a laugh now and again, apparently it's good for you!:winkiss:

Just like Arthur helped the miners , that should be a great help to us all. God protect us from union ****eee stirers

Reply to Don't you just love easy jobs on Saturdays in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock