Discuss door bell for warehouse in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

egginyourface

evening all,

ive been asked to fit a bell for warehouse. I went to wholesaler and they gave me a fire alarm bell which runs on 24volts and a chunky 12 volt transfomer. I rigged it up temporarily and it didnt sound that great.

Is it bettter i use a 24 volt tranny

or

can anyome reccomend a good bell and tranny

thanks in advance

which numpty of a wholesaler gave you a 12v tranny to run a 24v bell? that's like plugging a 240v drill into a 110v site tranny. (.i know the plugs are different but a plumber would try to make it fit). go to an alarm suppliers and buy a 12v bell or siren.

Last edited:
can you not get 24v tansformer, i have one of them bells lying in garage, and says 24v, i want to hook it up to phone in house and bell at garage

re' last post. a siren is d.c. so you'd need a 12v d.c.PSU.

this wholesaler is quite reliable so took there word for it. Its quite a chunky tranny, full of electronics dc etc

Should i just get a 24 volt dc tranny?

if you're getting 12v dc out, then get a 12v siren as in intruder alarms.

This is soo annoying. I wasted an 2 hours of my self employed time driving to wholesaler queing up then given the wrong piece of equipment!!

The guy promised me it would do the job!! arghhhh

arrgghhhh

This is soo annoying. I wasted an 2 hours of my self employed time driving to wholesaler queing up then given the wrong piece of equipment!!

The guy promised me it would do the job!! arghhhh

arrgghhhh
8 ppl work in my Wholesaler of which 3 have a brain and the other 5 guess ALOT, Suss out who's in the No and speak to them!

and mount it out of the way or tomorrow it will be dangling from the forks of a forklift truck. talk about wholesalers being short of brains. some forklift drivers are cretins with their brains removed.

its horses for courses a warehouse could be 4mtrx5mtr or 400mtrx500mtr noise levels may comeinto it as well Cant you fit a car horn they are 12v

the warehouse isn't that big but has loads of compartments etc. The bell im replacing was supposed to be quite loud and it only worked on a little 12v tranny.

Whats the recommended db.

nothing recommended for door bells. it's not a fire alarm, is it? just get something to wake the buggers up.

would this work with any 12v tranny

AG3 Bell Box. 114dB. 0.6W Xenon strobe. Twin LED indicators. Timer reset. Tamper protection. Ni-Cd back-up batteries supplied. EN 50131-1:1997, EN 50313-4:2004 Security Grade 3.

its from screwfix

Reply to door bell for warehouse in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock