Discuss Door bells in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

imago

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Are any of the wireless ones to be recommended? All I've ever heard of them is negative, but a school I do work for needs one to cover one door and it would be the simplest solution.

They have the usual entry system with comms and coded keys, but the need a bell/buzzer for one door. It's for an after school early years club and they don't want it linked to reception. The distance between the room and door is about 10 or 12 metres with a few walls in between. So whilst a hard wired bell isn't impossible, if a wireless was up to the job it would be much cheaper for them.

I put a wireless doorbell in for a customer, wasn't particularly cheap think it was £25 - £30 and I'll be honest the two rounders were out of sync with each other and the sound wasn't that great.

i think I'll go wired next time with proper chimes.

oh I think it was a Friesland door door bell.

if you get one where the receiver/bell is plugged into a socket outlet, should be OK. just advise client that the battery in the push needs replacing maybe every 6 months, depending on usage.

Do they not have mobile phones?
"Hi, yeah I'm outside, can you let me in please?" etc.

Brilliant idea! A teacher gives her mobile number to 20 or 30 parents, I'm sure that'd go down a storm even if their child safe guarding policy didn't prohibit doing so. :rolleyes2:

Brilliant idea! A teacher gives her mobile number to 20 or 30 parents, I'm sure that'd go down a storm even if their child safe guarding policy didn't prohibit doing so. :rolleyes2:
I meant the parents using their mobile phones when they're outside, or calling enroute to let the school know they're going to be late, have arranged for someone else to pick the kids up etc.
I imagined they'd be calling a DDI line, not the teacher directly.

The problem with that is that the room they're using is at the opposite end of the school to reception. So the phones and the entry system aren't any use for where they're having this group. Hence them asking for a separate doorbell and me asking for recommendations.

hello Imago, all the wireless are carp now , last three or four years the quality gone down and they eat batteries. I feel you'll be less blamed fitting that well known brand rather than one from the sheds.

Reply to Door bells in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock