Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Dorman Smith loadmaster breakers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. MFS Electrical

MFS Electrical Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    MFS Electrical
    Replaced an old TP&N Dorman Smith DB the other week there with a nice shiny new one, So being a nosy sod and wondering why old dorman smith breakers don’t ever seem to trip I decided to drill out the rivets and have a peek inside.
    All I can say is no wonder they never trip:eek: there is no coil inside to trip it instantaneously in the event of a short circuit! they only protection they provide is via a (quite hefty) copper strip so really only an overload or a fault of epic proportions is ever going to trip these bad boys.
    Pics to follow once I drill out the rivets and carefully dismantle another the first one is in about a million pieces on my desk:rolleyes: i drilled out a modern breaker proteus side by side for comparison that too is in a million pieces but I have lots more and I’ll drill them out and post pics for comparison.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. markc123

markc123 Forum Mentor

Dorman Smith Loadmaster ... have always said these new breakers have nothing on the old dormy smiths ... no wonder haha.

Look forward to the pics!

P.S I have about 20 loadmasters all different breaker sizes brand new unboxed, when I saw this thread title I thought I was going to make a few quid haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Was it a Type 3 or Type 4. If no longer legible you can tell them apart as the Type 4 has ridges either side of the switch toggle whereas the Type 3 is smooth.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

do Yorkshire men still play with a penny in the pocket .;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    Are you sure it wasn't a fake?

• Like Like x 1
  6. MFS Electrical

Business Name:
    MFS Electrical
    Guaranteed real.... was from a local authority building all of the installation bumf was still there from dorman from when it was new

7. MFS Electrical

Business Name:
    MFS Electrical
    Can’t remember at the moment will have a look I’ve left them in the office and haven’t had a chance to get back there today hectic is not the word :rolleyes: