Discuss Double insulated down lights cpc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

21.10.1 Non-sheathed cables for fixed wiring shall be enclosed in conduit, ducting or trunking. This requirement does not apply to a protective conductor complying with Section 543.......

Reading 543, it's got "if the protective conductor is not integral part of a cable .. the cross sectional area shall not be less than 2.5mm". So I'm thinking that irky 50mm bit of 1mm we've stripped back doesn't comply with 543, so needs to comply with ... think I'd better get my coat.

Reading 543, it's got "if the protective conductor is not integral part of a cable .. the cross sectional area shall not be less than 2.5mm". So I'm thinking that irky 50mm bit of 1mm we've stripped back doesn't comply with 543, so needs to comply with ... think I'd better get my coat.
Nothing says the whole of the CPC has to form part of a multi core cable.
That wouldn’t be possible even if the termination was within an enclosure.

Quite correct but your words are going to deaf ears.

Quite correct but your words are going to deaf ears.
I think if anyone has deaf ears, it’s you.
You cite a Regulation which does not apply, then despite me quoting the Regulation which clearly states it does not apply, you then go right back and cite the Regulation again.

Like I said, find a Regulation that requires a CPC that forms part of a multi core cable to have a minimum CSA and find another that requires terminations to be enclosed.
Once you’ve found (or think you’ve found) those Regulations, then explain how they apply to main bonding and earth conductors.

Well if minimum CSA is not an issue, why are you agreeing with Wilko?
How is it earthing and bonding conductors can be terminated without enclosures, but the CPC in this instance can’t?
It's obvious even without a regs book mechanical protection of the conductor especially small conductors of that size.

When have I quoted minimum csa, as I say I have no idea where you are trying to take this.

Reply to Double insulated down lights cpc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net