Discuss Double posting.......................................... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've noticed that there is a lot of double posting going on.
I presume its down to the same problem I have, which is, once I've posted something the texts stays in my Comment box... Making me think it hasn't been posted.
Is there a setting or something where once you have posted a comment you comment box is cleared?

Typically when posting a spinner image will appear in the upper right corner of the screen. I think what is happening is the server is posting but for some reason the communications between the client and server breaks down, so the client side scripts that clear the comment box, display the success message and make the spinner go away don't work.

I've raised it with @Dan and provided as much info as I can about it.

I press the 'go back button' to get off that screen and so it resets. I got caught by it once and I still feel dirty, dirty I tell you! Actually I ended up posting 3 times then apologising twice for the previous . . . You get it!

Reply to Double posting.......................................... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock