Discuss Douche, shower or not shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
for those that are not culturally knowledgeable about these things a douch is a little shower, usually located next to a toilet, that the Mohammedans use to wash their bits as opposed to using infidel bog roll.

If a douche is classed as a shower then what would you class as the shower tray, to be 600mm away from.

This has made fitting a saniflow rather puzzling.

The way I’ve gone about it is -

1, Treat the douch as a shower and take my measurements from the toilet pan.
2, As this is a separate toilet, I.e. not in a bathroom, there is nowhere within reach of the sealed flex of the saniflow that is over 600mm away so an IP65 socket has been installed on an RCBO to power the saniflow.

I’d like to know how others would have treated the same situation.

Isn’t this just the same as a bidet?
There is no mention of bidet or douche zoning in the regs so I guess you would be ok as long as it is RCD protected.
No, a bidet is fixed and a controlled flow which doesn’t leave the pan.

A douch in mobile and mains pressure and could be sprayed the same distance as a shower. All in my humble opinion.

douche-can-dc001.jpg
is it on

e of thoses shower. :rolleyes:

If possible I would run the flex through an adjoining wall and connect it on the other side.
Tend to agree could always use a flex outlet plate (without using the terminals) if needed if the flex going through the wall in view. I would need to see a layout to give a more conclusive answer. External influences.

Reply to Douche, shower or not shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net