Discuss Downlighters Fire Retadent in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

KAKADU

-
Reaction score
Hi

About 8 years ago we had 5 G9 LED recessed down lighters fitted on the hall and stairs. I don't think in those days that they were fire retardant as I don't think that they needed to be. However, we are about to have a electrical safety test as we have put our house up for sale. My question is this. As the lights are already in situ will they fail the test as they are not fire retardant types of fittings that you must now fit?

Regards

Now I was told that they had to be fire rated if there was sleeping areas on the floor(s) above, so in a average house fire retardent on the ground floor, don't matter on the top floor.
(also why does the NICEIC test sheet have this as a thing to be checked then)

See what the report brings. Depending on that and what effect it would have on the sale a GU10 fire rated downlight with a retrofitted LED GU10 lamp is not expensive.

Thanks for the info. If they need changing then I will get them changed. For the layman regs can be hard to interpret.[/QUOTE]

Sir you have no idea the amount of words that have dual’d by professionals and longtermers alike and still don’t come to a conclusion!
We as a trade suspect that they don’t want us to agree at all!
If we didn’t disagree we probably wouldn’t talk.

Reply to Downlighters Fire Retadent in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock