Discuss drawing software in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

anyone know of any free software for drawing schematics

I use qCad software, which is either free (Community edition) or there is a demo version that shuts itself down every 10 minutes.
I use the community edition, but am on Linux. Don't know if that version is available if you are using Windows.
It is not as slick as AutoCAD but not too far off. As long as you don't need to use it all the time, each and every day, it should be good enough for you.

QCAD Downloads

its their stupid web site, you can't link to any page without it screwing it up. if you go to gewiss.com and look under technical for a link titled software there is a load of fee software for the electrical trade

edit, you will also have to select uk or it will all be in italian

Last edited:
link to Gewiss

you may need to use the dropdown at the top of the page marked 'Choose Market' to select 'United Kingdom' to see it in English

cannot vouch for the software myself but hifly seems to think it's worth a look.

edit: just checked - no Linux version so not suitable for me, but then guess I'm in the minority here. It does sound interesting, but wonder how much branding/product placement there will be.

Last edited:
Just downloaded it will give it a shot..............Lets hope its better than some of there sockets (CRAP)

It's not free but some of the decent versions of microsoft office come bundled with Visio, it might be worth checking you're Office install disk to see it you have it. It's a straight forward 2D,shapes based package. It's not an AutoCAD replacement but I use it regularly because it's fast and easy for concept drawings.

Just downloaded, tried, then uninstalled that GSWISS software....I couldnt draw anything but was great at dragging lines around the page lol....Oh well, Just noticed AUTOCAD Electrical available for trial...Not sure thats what im after, I just want software to draw up some location diagrams etc...with symbols!

Reply to drawing software in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock