Discuss Drawing software in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We use Sen software called Soldraft, it's free and looks relatively professional. They are a German company and getting registration took a little while but the site is great once you get on it. Great roof kit too! www.sen.eu I think

I don't think its a good software. 1st of all its for location germany, 2nd its has only option to select there module.
What you want to draw actually @ earyzhe ?
You need whole PV system design?

If you do a bit of research you can match wind load and snow load areas with the UK. Google translate does a fair job of translating and the help manual is printed in English. As long as the panels are the same size you can use the software to plan the roof and you'd use the inverter software to match you're chosen panels and inverter. Total cost = 0. Not perfect but when you're struggling with cashflow a very viable short term solution. I've had several email conversations with SEN, they're bringing out a UK version later in the year but sorted out a couple of queries I had very quickly and in English. Just as well the Germans aren't buying of us - not sure that we'd be able to converse as well in German!

We use Google Sketchup, 'tis excellent and free (there is a pro version too but we haven't found the need). You can model the roof, chimneys etc, and then define its exact position in Google Earth to run a shadow analysis - it's very nice to watch how the shadows pass by over the year. And easy to use. There are some quite good plugins too, one I quite like draws the Sun's path through the sky for that location so you can see when those lines drop behind various shadow-making objects..

Reply to Drawing software in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock