Discuss Drill/Driver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

rick

-
Arms
Reaction score
Batteries on my 18v Bosch are in need of replacing, and the prices are a joke - you can get a new drill and two batteries for less than the cost of two replacement batteries.

I usually prefer Bosch kit, but these batteries have not lasted all that long, a cheap makita which I bought before this is still going, so I am tempted to avoid Bosch this time.

Has anyone had any experience of Milwaukee, as this seems a good buy (and Li-on as opposed to NiMH)

C18PD32 Milwaukee 18V Red Lithium-ion Cordless Hammer Drill/Driver Milwaukee C18PD32

The other option is cheap compatible batteries off flea-bay - any advice - something tells me to avoid...!

cheers

Richard

Thanks Markie.

Having looked around, I've ordered a Metabo SB18LTX. Was £30 more than the Milwaukee but three years warranty on the batteries swayed it. I'll post a review once it arrives.

I must say from an environmental point of view it's pretty bad that it costs no more to buy a new complete set than two new batteries ( a replacement Bosch full set £180 and two new batteries £180 ). What happens to all the perfectly good drills out there which get dumped because the batteries are a rip off ?

Anyway, will post on the Metabo once it arrives.

They probably go ob fleabay and sold without batteries!

Exactly, that's why you see so many 'body only' ads on there. Although in some cases, when there are especially good deals to be had, they probably sell all items separately inc the batteries. The sum of the parts being worth more than the whole :smoking:

Like you I had a perfectly good drill but the bats weren't holding charge.
Si I've just brought the Metabo after the glowing recommendations it got on here.... Only used it a couple of time but I'm really impressed.

Reply to Drill/Driver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’ve decided to buy my brother some drills for him going self employed. Now I was thinking either Makita or possibly Bosch Professional: Some...
Replies
Views
Our Halloween offers are here! Click below to see six of our current offers, which are available till Sunday midnight! *Cannot be used in...
Replies
Views
Has anyone come across or used any of the replica / fake power tools? I've stumbled across a few on ebay, mainly Makita but also seen Dewalt...
Replies
Views
I’m looking to sell my Milwaukee Kit. It contains: 1x 18v SDS 1x 18v Combi Drill 2x 5.0ah Batteries 1x Charger 1x Carry Case Collection is from...
Replies
Views
FFX are doing a good deal on old stock of a Makita drill at the moment: Makita DHP453Z 18v Li-Ion Combi Drill Bare Unit -...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock