Discuss Drillers dust Bowl in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Better than the ice cream tub I use... Should really take the ice cream out first, less mess.

eliminates the need Huntos Dust cup £25 Hoover £30 Dust sheet £5 Time cleaning up £5 Bunged up hoover bags £5 Simplez

TIP try and keep the surface that meets celing clean and make sure paint ,plaster is dry or you will end up with rings

Last edited by a moderator:
that'll teach you to check where you are drilling.

I can recommend the DADE and I would not be without mine particularly when using holesaws vertically. Below is the text from the DADE information sheet:
The DADE has been designed by an electrical contractor, for an electrical contractor. We all know the way that down lights are installed we mark the light check for no joists and then we use a relevant sized hole saw to cut the hole. We don't want to use special tools with spinning blades that take a time to set up, wear out quickly and are far slower than our hole saws.
We don't have enough hands to hold a drill steady, whilst using a hoover attachment to suck up some of the dust, and then have enough power to push the hole saw through the ceiling. As well as the fact that most hoovers don't have enough hose to reach up to a 8' ceiling
The DADE is a silicon shroud over moulded on to a nylon base. It simply fits between the hole saw and the drill chuck, simple.
It has been designed, unlike others on the market with the user in mind. It has two patent pending debris collecting channels that when the hole is being cut the debris stay in these channels, stopping the debris and dust from escaping down the drill spindle and on to the user and surroundings.
It has a unique over moulded nylon base that allows the drill to rotate freely with no Resistance to the drill, it is designed to allow the DADE to self level on the drill so both hands can remain firmly on the drill.
The DADE is sized so that the product makes contact with the ceiling just before the hole saw ensuring that any dust and debris are collected. It will work with hole saws up to and including 120mm, catering for most down lights that are installed in today's market.
When you count the cost of cleaning up after a job or the simple Health and safety concerns of airborne dust the purchase of the DADE makes great business sense.

Ordered one yesterday, hopefully it works as well as it suggests.

It arrived today and looks the part. Although my wife wondered why I'd ordered a giant mooncup...

Reply to Drillers dust Bowl in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net