Discuss Drink driving advice please.......... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Don't think many cars had five gears in the 1970s.
You're right mine had 4 and 1 reverse till they fell out on the road, you should know you're my age mate. Any how what has that got to do with drink driving?

An interesting story from a fairly highly ranked police officer, when Barbara Castle first introduced the drink driving limits, she was considering the limit should be half of what it currently is. But she was 'informed' by the big boss of Guinness at the time, if she doesn't set it a 5 units, she'll be looking for a new job next year.
Any proof of this?

In Scotland we have a lower limit, 50 instead of 80. It fairly makes you think twice, as 50 is very low...so better not to have anything at all really.
Would you pay £50 for a taxi the next day when you got caught and knocked someone down and could wind the clock back? I think so.

I have a breathalyser to check the morning after level and it is very interesting what results you get. I would recommend anyone who likes a drink in the evening to get one...not cheap, but keeps you safe.

BTW, most 0% beers are sh*t, but Nanny State by Brewdog is actually very nice! I buy it for its flavour, which says a lot, imho.

The Duvel triple at 9.5% is pretty tasty too, but it's hard getting out of the chair after a couple of those!

In Scotland we have a lower limit, 50 instead of 80. It fairly makes you think twice, as 50 is very low...so better not to have anything at all really.
Would you pay £50 for a taxi the next day when you got caught and knocked someone down and could wind the clock back? I think so.

I have a breathalyser to check the morning after level and it is very interesting what results you get. I would recommend anyone who likes a drink in the evening to get one...not cheap, but keeps you safe.

BTW, most 0% beers are sh*t, but Nanny State by Brewdog is actually very nice! I buy it for its flavour, which says a lot, imho.

The Duvel triple at 9.5% is pretty tasty too, but it's hard getting out of the chair after a couple of those!
You must do a lot of walking......

Oddly, here in Spain they fine you, heavily, but don't take your licence away...

So I'm told...

but if the police stop you and find you are English they tend to walk away unless you have caused an accident...

Nevertheless, I don't drink and drive here either, for all the reasons Pete said earlier

So Simple really DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE
Yeah cuz u might spill it

its 35 in england

Ah fair enough thought I was being smart
I think you were right:rolleyes: I made a boo boo :tearsofjoy:
Drink driving advice please.......... 4C302BBF-797E-47BE-B36B-9CC2E32844E4 - EletriciansForums.net
Drink driving advice please.......... 1AF184BC-807E-4A5C-BA7D-ABACFCAD4D96 - EletriciansForums.net

Back in around 1989 whilst sitting in the dining room of my ex-girlfriends one night there was a crunching of the drive gravel and a crashing noise from outside. I shot to the window to see what was happening (my ex-girlfriend never moved). "Bloody hell!" I exclaimed and she said "what's up?" I said "your Dads just parked his car in the privet". The large privet between their house and next door had a Volvo sticking out of it. My ex said "He'll be ----ed again" as though it happened a lot.
Her Dad was in the mounted Police and had returned from a night out at the police club. She later informed me that when he'd had a drink, he drove home with his police hat on the parcel shelf so that he didn't get stopped.

My previous employment on a caravan park, we had a number of customers who would drive back to their vans after a few drinks in the bar. They always tried to reason it as being “on private ground, it’s ok”

It wasn’t ok, and we had to remind them constantly.

One of our customers drove in one day and flattened the entrance sign.

Another time I had to stop a customer teaching her 12 year old grandson how to drive

My previous employment on a caravan park, we had a number of customers who would drive back to their vans after a few drinks in the bar. They always tried to reason it as being “on private ground, it’s ok”

It wasn’t ok, and we had to remind them constantly.

One of our customers drove in one day and flattened the entrance sign.

Another time I had to stop a customer teaching her 12 year old grandson how to drive
I used to let my 6 year old drive around the campsite sat on my lap in Broadway.......... he enjoyed the fun.

Barbados has no drink driving laws as I found out when my mate spun his car outside Government building after we celebrated hard and where "initiated" in to the Hash House Harriers and the Police officer just helped him on his way........

Reply to Drink driving advice please.......... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock