Discuss Driveway audible alert ideas in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Has anyone got any recommendations for a wired driveway audible alert? A friend has a large drive and wants a PIR to turn brick lights on upon vehicles coming up the drive and also an audible alert at the same time.

I doubt there is a device that does both so probably a separate PIR and then something to alert them of a vehicle coming up the drive.

Any suggestions?

You would have to consider small animals on the audible side, maybe limited by a timer .

There used to be a simple lighting system with just this setup, a simple slider selected what function you wanted, lights, lights and beeper etc. the PIRs were 12V. Not sure if they are still made though. The unit fitted a standard double box.

I
There used to be a simple lighting system with just this setup, a simple slider selected what function you wanted, lights, lights and beeper etc. the PIRs were 12V. Not sure if they are still made though. The unit fitted a standard double box.

That would be ideal

I was in a house last week with that system. It’s a 4 zone fits a 2G box and each zone has ability to turn lights on and buzz inside separately or together

Can’t recall brand.

So with these systems, they can switch a lighting load via a sensor and offer an audible signal within the property?

There is a controller which would go in the house, this has a buzzer in it which sounds every time a sensor detects movement.
The sapphire is single zone an dthe merald is two zone.
The PIRs are extra low voltage and usually wired in alarm cable, they can be split across three circuits in each zone (you can have multiple PIRs on each circuit)
Lux levels, walk test and number of detections required to activate the output of a zone are set from the controller.
Each zone has a relay output which I think is rated for 3kW
There is also a connection to link it to a burglar alarm to bring security lights on whem the alarm is triggered.

Done this recently with gate sensors, relay, psu and RF mains link. Other end of rf mains link was then plugged in the house 300 meters with another PSU, relay and piezo buzzer installed in an adaptable box. Gate sensors was installed at a height where foxes etc wouldn’t be detected but a human or vehicle would.

Reply to Driveway audible alert ideas in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock