Discuss Dual earth terminals for computer circuits in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

brizospark

Noticed this on the architects notes can someone elaborate for me? thanks

the contractor should note the need for dual earth terminal blocks to be provided within DBs supplying computer power

IT equipment have high earth leakage currents so need 'High Integrity Earthing', the cpc should be connected to separate terminals on each socket on such a circuit and if it's a radial circuit a cpc should be taken from the last socket back to the DB.
Have a read of this...
http://electrical.------.org/wiring-matters/26/5437-earthing.cfm?type=pdf

I believe the type of earthing circuit depends on how high the total earth leakage current from the computers is.I am doing two rows of 4 and one of 2 at the moment,radials and each row has its own RCD.I will check the leakage current but I expect it to be very low.

if you ain't come across it before, you won't know. i know a few sparks who are " old school" had never heard of high integrity earthing till recently.

Well they should have because it is not "that" new, if they want to be classed as professionals then they must act as such.
Sorry my opinion stands, if the OP does not know then back off and get someone who does.

Well they should have because it is not "that" new, if they want to be classed as professionals then they must act as such.
Sorry my opinion stands, if the OP does not know then back off and get someone who does.
I thought the idea of this forum was to gain advice for things you are not sure about....the rudeness of some posters on here is breathtaking...........

I've just done a PIR on a large home office that had 10 PCs in and on day of test there was 27mA of earth leakage on the dedicated RCD circuit for those PCs (therefore approx 3mA per PC). Client reported occasional trips. Solution is another RCD as above. Thank heavens for the ramp test!

I thought the idea of this forum was to gain advice for things you are not sure about....the rudeness of some posters on here is breathtaking...........

I did my apprenticeship in the sixties in maintenance and at the time "I knew it all"or so I thought
Dual earth terminals for computer circuits {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I found during my career,mainly installation, that others knew things I had no idea of

Conversely,they were blind to subjects I thought were fairly routine

You see where this is going to

The only thing I will say is this,
Electrical work is a vast area, and one that luckily is covered by someone or other on this forum

Reciprocating your knowledge is what the forum has been, and I hope will continue to be
Some give of their knowledge freely.others not so perhaps,but where would the forum be, without all of us lacking something or other to acquire

I did my apprenticeship in the sixties in maintenance and at the time "I knew it all"or so I thought

I found during my career,mainly installation, that others knew things I had no idea of

Conversely,they were blind to subjects I thought were fairly routine

You see where this is going to

The only thing I will say is this,
Electrical work is a vast area, and one that luckily is covered by someone or other on this forum

Reciprocating your knowledge is what the forum has been, and I hope will continue to be
Some give of their knowledge freely.others not so perhaps,but where would the forum be, without all of us lacking something or other to acquire
THATS THE SPIRIT DES!....Most posters on here are out to offer advice and guidance whilst gaining some themselves. I look at it like this...if it wasn`t for institutions like this forum you`d end up with loads of installs "going wrong" at some point or another: We need someware to share advice and have a laugh whilst doing so...we`d all go mad if we didn`t..lol..:grinningelf:

Couldnt agree more Glennspark, surely people should be encouraged to ask when they are unsure, rather than be criticised for not knowing.

Stick me in front of large motor control gear and I'd have to go into BS mode and I don't mean 7671!

Stick me in front of a modern CU and I look confused, give me the MCC anytime. Don’t get me wrong I’d soon suss it out but it’s foreign territory to me!

Until I came on to this board I didn’t even know a MCBO existed.

In which case dont bother replying to the thread - your comments are neither useful or wanted

If I had a tenth of this guy's knowledge I'd be a $£%&ing electrical genius.:smile::smile::smile:

i did 16th in 1995 and no mention was made of hi integrity earthing then. it was only in 1998 when working in factory offices that i came across it, and that was after 25 years in the trade. as i said before, if you ain't met it, you don't know.

Reply to Dual earth terminals for computer circuits in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock