Discuss dual tariff meters. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
evening.
i have been too two houses today where there were faults on the storage heater systems .
for instance i changed a fused spur unit which is on the off peak side. i wanted to run the unit while i was on site to check all was well.

how can i override the tariff meter so that power is avail on the off peak during normal working hours.
i remember doing it once but it has gone...:mad:!

there were two different meters today
both had a blue "display" button which cycled through the screens
the one had a orange button which appeared to do nothing...

many thanks
mike

evening.
i have been too two houses today where there were faults on the storage heater systems .
for instance i changed a fused spur unit which is on the off peak side. i wanted to run the unit while i was on site to check all was well.

how can i override the tariff meter so that power is avail on the off peak during normal working hours.
i remember doing it once but it has gone...:mad:!

there were two different meters today
both had a blue "display" button which cycled through the screens
the one had a orange button which appeared to do nothing...

many thanks
mike

You can't if it's a Telemeter, it's an automatic radio signal operated changeover.

On the older systems, a timeclock was employed to make the changeover, occasionally, the seals were 'missing' and the supply could be pulled in by manually turning the clock.

Remember asbestos if you're working on old storage heaters, print off the link below and keep it in the van or whatever!

http://www.storageheaters.com/asbestos-list.htm

Last edited:
if your wanting to feed the off peak board, take a feed from the live from domestic board into the live at the off peak board. used to do this to test install few years back. bit of 10mm will do the job for a few tests

hope this helps

the orange button only works when the electric to the meter is energized (main fuse is inserted) which when pressed, will turn on the internal contacts of the off-peak part of the meter, for a short time ie:-test mode
if the main fuse is pulled and after a few seconds re-inserted (obviously with no load connected) , then the orange button can be used for a short space of time to energize the off peak part of the meter

I had a problem today the solution to which was press the Boost button on the meter. Nothing happened. Supply fully energised and all peak side working.

Does the boost button do anything? Can it be programmed not to work? I have looked online for a manual for the meter but they do not appear to be available.

Will have to wait until tomorrow to hear if storage heaters are charged overnight!

Reply to dual tariff meters. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net