Discuss Dual Wall Socket Overload? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AaronHatton

Hello,

I am an IT Tech and not an Electrician so please excuse my ignorance... I have three monitors, one 860W computer and multiple other devices including printers etc.. plugged into 2 x 7 UK Power Socket Extension Cords which can be found by googling the following: Belkin Conserve Smart AV 7, UK Socket

I have two of these plugged directly into a normal UK Mains plug (Dual socket).

The question is because of the large amount of power being drawn from the wall sockets will it cause any issues... will it be okay?

Thank in advance!

Regards

Aaron

doubt you will have any problems. IT equipment draws relatively low power.

how many things do you actually have plugged in? and is it just IT equipment? if so, likely be ok as Tel said. if u ain't had any issues should be cool!

how many things do you actually have plugged in? and is it just IT equipment? if so, likely be ok as Tel said. if u ain't had any issues should be cool!

I have just installed third screen and it is a custom built high spec computer so effectively a server and three monitors with a printer, 3 routers, a firewall, sonos bridge, 8 port network switch, small NAS (mini computer) and a hard drive caddy thing...

As above, just to be on the safe side add up all the wattages of the equipment and post here, although I doubt very much that you will have a problem, better safe than sorry

I have just installed built high spec computer so effectively a server and three monitors with a printer, 3 routers, a firewall, sonos bridge, 8 port network switch, small NAS (mini computer) and a hard drive caddy thing...

You forgot the kettle for a brew :smile:

I have just installed third screen and it is a custom built high spec computer so effectively a server and three monitors with a printer, 3 routers, a firewall, sonos bridge, 8 port network switch, small NAS (mini computer) and a hard drive caddy thing...

a 2kw kettle has a more aggressive current draw than all your p.c. gizmos.
so no you wont overload your socket ;-)

Put it this way, each of the plugged in devices has a 13A fuse. Plug too much in and the fuse will give way, long before you overload the sockets!

It's either going to be a complete and utter meltdown increasing the hole in the Ozone by 50%.

>>>>>>>>>>>>or more likely a complete and utter non event<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Would this call for a fight or is there a winner already??

Reply to Dual Wall Socket Overload? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net