Discuss EAL 4337 & 4338 MOCK EXAM PAPERS in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Maverick2k

Hi all,

Ive recently attended an EAL 4337 & 4338 combined course in Chadderton Oldham, I passed my practical with out to much issue, however I have now failed both Initial and periodic exams TWICE by just a couple of marks (this happened today) now not wanting to apportion blame but the other than GN3 which I believe I've studied to death we have only been given 2394/5 mock papers and using these and other onsite mock tests I've passed myself quite easily exceeding the pass marks.

When undertaking the EAL exam the questions are somewhat difficult to make sense of now I know its a deliberate ploy to trip you up but really Im finding the differences extreme. So I checked with EAL and they say that Chadderton have all the correct 4337/8 literature and that we should have had them however the staff at Chadderton say otherwise....

So my friends does anyone have any suggestions... I'm having a week or so away from it but I'll keep my head in the GN3 book occasionally
Cheers one and all.....

Hi all,

Ive recently attended an EAL 4337 & 4338 combined course in Chadderton Oldham, I passed my practical with out to much issue, however I have now failed both Initial and periodic exams TWICE by just a couple of marks (this happened today) now not wanting to apportion blame but the other than GN3 which I believe I've studied to death we have only been given 2394/5 mock papers and using these and other onsite mock tests I've passed myself quite easily exceeding the pass marks.

When undertaking the EAL exam the questions are somewhat difficult to make sense of now I know its a deliberate ploy to trip you up but really Im finding the differences extreme. So I checked with EAL and they say that Chadderton have all the correct 4337/8 literature and that we should have had them however the staff at Chadderton say otherwise....

So my friends does anyone have any suggestions... I'm having a week or so away from it but I'll keep my head in the GN3 book occasionally
Cheers one and all.....
Do have any idea of how and where you went wrong in the exam, what questions you are reasonably sure you cocked up on? if you do and can recal the question many the forum mentors can offer advice if we can.

Do have any idea of how and where you went wrong in the exam, what questions you are reasonably sure you cocked up on? if you do and can recal the question many the forum mentors can offer advice if we can.

Hi Pete,

to be honest been a little miffed off not getting any help from Nappit... Eve at Premier tho is exceptional although she can only pass on what she has..

I haven't had time to reflect on the questions and you only get a sheet which gives you the area's of the exam which you failed at giving you a % mark. I didn't think I'd say this but the C&G questions make more sense lol

one question has just jumped to mind... Something about what IP code is it for a car wash or it said something very similar. BUT I and other guys who failed can't remember carwashes being mentioned lol or IP codes for that matter lol... not to worry its only money...

trainer promised 2394/5 mock papers with page numbers to research answers etc, but it never arrived as he believe they had been acquired!!! by an unknown thief lol, but to be honest I've tried quiet a few mock exams and done reasonable but on the first exams the questions were nothing like and to consider they are supposedly from the same book I was lost but I wasn't alone in that respect and it has caused quite a bit of upset for some lads who didn't take it to well. Me included

Strange I could take in gn3 onsite guide byb and offical hand outs with no writing on them. Only needed to use the byb and gn3

For IP codes have a look in appendix five, for car washes: code AD5.
Learning with reference to a different method of setting the exams is not ideal so I can understand your difficulty.
I am amazed that questions can get even more unclear than C&G questions!

I would expect the questions are not intended to trip you up but are intended for you to need to extract the right information out of the question.

Reading and understanding what the question is asking would be critical and should make it easier to answer.

The question you mention is not one I would expect anyone to have looked up and remembered for the exam, though I would have applied the practical approach of protection against jets of water.
However it is not something I would necessarily expect to arise in the exam, OK it is a relevant check for both initial design and periodic inspection, but not one that comes up often.

Learning with reference to a different method of setting the exams is not ideal so I can understand your difficulty.

I would expect the questions are not intended to trip you up but are intended for you to need to extract the right information out of the question.

Reading and understanding what the question is asking would be critical and should make it easier to answer.

The question you mention is not one I would expect anyone to have looked up and remembered for the exam, though I would have applied the practical approach of protection against jets of water.
However it is not something I would necessarily expect to arise in the exam, OK it is a relevant check for both initial design and periodic inspection, but not one that comes up often.

Hi Richard, appreciate the comments, I will check up the IP question as you suggest, I've been away so apologies for delay in replying, I've had further info about the course literature provided it was the wrong ones plus we should have had a mock test but we didn't!!! ah well Ive told them I won't be back and looking for another provider, lesson learned this time, another student has appealed to Napit and EAL, but I wouldn't hold out to much hope here.
Many thanks to you and everyones comments and help.

Hi Geordie I need your help
What I'd the byb you are talking about in this post
Would be really grateful for your help
Regards chris
7 years old thread. The BYB referred to was the big yellow book, in other words the then current edition of the wiring regulations.
Today it would be the BBB, or big brown book. Hope that helps.

Reply to EAL 4337 & 4338 MOCK EXAM PAPERS in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock