Discuss EAL test and inspection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

littlekris

Hi ,
I am sitting my test and inspection next week and was wondering if any one has any past test papers for the EAL version ?? my college hasnt any as its there first time using this course and unable to find any past tests on line . just so i know what to expect from this exam
Thanks

The EAL and C&G course content and assessments are identical and i would imagine the exam questions will be very very similar. I am not aware of EAL offering any tuition material for learners, but i have never looked, so i recommend that if you struggle to find sample questions, then go and buy the C&G 2395 and 2395 exam success book, it has 2 written and 1 online sample tests. The EAL exam are open book, so more real world, if you can't remember you can find out, unlike C&G's prehistoric closed book approach, and an exam on what you can remember!

Good luck

Cheers……………Howard

Cheers……………Howard

The EAL and C&G course content and assessments are identical and i would imagine the exam questions will be very very similar. I am not aware of EAL offering any tuition material for learners, but i have never looked, so i recommend that if you struggle to find sample questions, then go and buy the C&G 2395 and 2395 exam success book, it has 2 written and 1 online sample tests. The EAL exam are open book, so more real world, if you can't remember you can find out, unlike C&G's prehistoric closed book approach, and an exam on what you can remember!

What's the bloody point of having an ''Open Book'' Lv 3 exam FFS?? The so-called ''Prehistoric closed book approach'' actually tests the extent of the students knowledge, it's why you NEED to study and retain the information before taking any exam!!

I actually can't believe what i'm reading here, so what's this EAL stand for, Electrical Assessment for Losers?? Are these EAL qualifications recognised as being equivalent to the standard C&G qualifications??

So Mr Skelton, what do you think of all this?? Sort of makes a bit of a mockery, of your stand on education standards of today being no different than those of yesteryear, ....what ?? lol!!

Someone ''Please'' tell me that i'm totally missing something here?? Surely this EAL 2394/95 can't be ''Open Book''??

If you need to find some information on site, you open up the regs book. Who can remember everything we learned at college all those years ago. Why any different in an exam?

If you need to find some information on site, you open up the regs book. Who can remember everything we learned at college all those years ago. Why any different in an exam?

In that case then, why even bother with an exam, just complete the course!! Who care's how much you have actually retained and or indeed understood, just look it up and hope for the best!!

What's the bloody point of having an ''Open Book'' Lv 3 exam FFS?? The so-called ''Prehistoric closed book approach'' actually tests the extent of the students knowledge, it's why you NEED to study and retain the information before taking any exam!!

I actually can't believe what i'm reading here, so what's this EAL stand for, Electrical Assessment for Losers?? Are these EAL qualifications recognised as being equivalent to the standard C&G qualifications??

So Mr Skelton, what do you think of all this?? Sort of makes a bit of a mockery, of your stand on education standards of today being no different than those of yesteryear, ....what ?? lol!!

Someone ''Please'' tell me that i'm totally missing something here?? Surely this EAL 2394/95 can't be ''Open Book''??

I teach students a degree in electrical engineering. It lasts three days and they walk out with an MEng. Has that got anything to do with education standards or is it more to do with the fact that I am teaching a useless and meaningless qualification?! lol

EAL is a waste of time. Meaningless. But it says nothing about current standards because the very meaninful C&G 2394 and 95 has not been replaced by it! If that ever happens, I'll agree with you 100% Eng :)

I teach students a degree in electrical engineering. It lasts three days and they walk out with an MEng. Has that got anything to do with education standards or is it more to do with the fact that I am teaching a useless and meaningless qualification?! lol

EAL is a waste of time. Meaningless. But it says nothing about current standards because the very meaninful C&G 2394 and 95 has not been replaced by it! If that ever happens, I'll agree with you 100% Eng :)

You would be able to retire in a couple of years if you could manage that!! lol!!

I was mainly referring to the fact that we have a college tutor, that is of the opinion, Open Book exams are ''Real World'' and ''Closed Book'' (as operated worldwide) are deemed ''Prehistoric''!!

Personally i've never heard of EAL, and still not sure if these courses and exam qualifications are ''officially'' recognised as being equivalent to C&G qualifications covering exactly the same course and content?? If they aren't, then what's the point or the basis of the existence of these courses, and more to the point, WHY are recognised State colleges offering these meaningless courses??

The worth of holding any certificate is the value others bestow on them
Like others here,I had never heard of them

Employers will take quite a time to start specifying anything other than the 2391 as the bespoke testing qualification

All these new courses, numbers and awarding bodies is getting me bemused
I suspect many employers will not put equal value to the unknown for quite a while

The city and guilds sectioned equivalent 2394 or 95 or whatever it is, will not be held as highly regarded as the 2391 for many years,so what chance these unknown bodies

The worth of holding any certificate is the value others bestow on them
Like others here,I had never heard of them

Employers will take quite a time to start specifying anything other than the 2391 as the bespoke testing qualification

All these new courses, numbers and awarding bodies is getting me bemused
I suspect many employers will not put equal value to the unknown for quite a while

The city and guilds sectioned equivalent 2394 or 95 or whatever it is, will not be held as highly regarded as the 2391 for many years,so what chance these unknown bodies

If they carry the same numbers as the recognised C&G's, i'll warrant that many employers will be none the wiser, especially those not of an Electrical background!!

Is another thread talking about an eal nvq3 where you just submit a site diary online, reckons that jib rate it the same as a city&guilds nvq3. Madness.

Reply to EAL test and inspection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock