Discuss Earth bond clamp for oil pipe in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I still di t get why an earth clamp wont fit? Take a pic im intrigued, ps dont forget to affix bonding label to your clamp
Hi Suffolk
Standard clamps I have seen either have a sort of box section bit in the clamp which would wobble about on top of the pipe or have a 'U' shaped but with the clamp which is too big and straddles the pipe and band can't go tight enough. Honest. I've tried. ...

wind a bit of bare 6.0mm round the pipe. solder in place. sleeve the tail after .

Some care required if you are planning to solder a heating oil supply line. From memory, soldering needs about 200C and the auto ignition point of heating oil is about that too. Just saying ...

1.do it when there's no oil in the pipe

2. clamp heat sinks on pipe to prevent the oil overheating. it needs to vaporise to ignite.

The oil will not ignite unless it reaches temperature where it vaporizes allowing it to mix with oxygen, liquids do not burn it will however act as a heat sink removing the temperature from the pipe.

The oil will not ignite unless it reaches temperature where it vaporizes allowing it to mix with oxygen, liquids do not burn it will however act as a heat sink removing the temperature from the pipe.
That's right, these fuels won't burn without air. It's my understanding the vapour point of heating oil is significantly below the melting point of solder. Again, just saying ...

maybe an experiment.... a whole new concept of the bang test.

That's right, these fuels won't burn without air. It's my understanding the vapour point of heating oil is significantly below the melting point of solder. Again, just saying ...
The flash point of heating oil depending on the type will be approximately half 200°C.

but how can it vaporise when it's confined in the tube?

but how can it vaporise when it's confined in the tube?
It can expand but even if it did manage to reach flash point and vaporize it would still need a sufficient heat source to ignite. Highly unlikely but most things are possible especially if it started spraying from a joint due to the expansion. I personally would not try it.

Reply to Earth bond clamp for oil pipe in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock