Discuss Earth Leakage Clamp Meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

FLUKE 368 Leakage Current Clamp Meter, 40 mm Jaw 60A | eBay - https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLUKE-368-Leakage-Current-Clamp-Meter-40-mm-Jaw-60A/112386056141

I'm considering getting this Chinese domestic market fluke 368. It doesn't come with the wireless facility but it is half the price of the European market version. I have already bought a fluke 373 clamp meter and it is made in Taiwan and my trusty fluke 179 is made in China so the fact it was made in China doesn't put me off

This video is a breakdown of an international fluke multimeter and a Chinese multimeter, they're the same

For £216 you could get yourself a Megger DCM305E. I've never had any issues with this great piece of kit.

Just a quick question on these various earth leakage meters...Looking at the spec of the Megger its states the resolution is 0.001mA...

So are they saying it resolves down to a thousandths of a mA or do they actually mean it resolves down to 1 mA?

Edit to add, I've just found the info in the specs on their site...Its lowest range is 6mA and this range has a resolution of 0.001mA, which is a thousandth of a mA....

Last edited:
And then they'll have a phrase something like "plus 8 digits" which I think may mean effective resolution 0.01mA (ish), if I understand correctly :) .

And then they'll have a phrase something like "plus 8 digits" which I think may mean effective resolution 0.01mA (ish), if I understand correctly :) .

I would think that anything that was accurate to .1mA would be more than good enough for domestic work, given most RCD's are rated to 30mA???

my cheapo unit is a 1mA resolution. good enough for those awkward leakages that i can't detect by touch and smell.

my cheapo unit is a 1mA resolution. good enough for those awkward leakages that i can't detect by touch and smell.

What unit do you have?

I bought a UNi-T 210E and that has a 1mA resolution, but I think the accuracy is around +/- 5mA...

UNI-T also do UT211B which has a resolution of .1mA and a low range of 600mA with a max range of 60A which all seems quite good for a £60 tester.

The only down side I can see is that they can't be adjusted/calibrated as the more expensive meters can...

mine is similar to the alphatec. will have a look in a couple of beers.

My fluke 368 is two weeks or so away. I got the EU version.

Just to let you know....

FLUKE IS BETTER THAN MEGGER!!

Especially for their voltsticks! Always used the Flukes but thought I would try the Megger version. Piece of junk it is, doesn't slide easily into toolbag or pocket with its daft shape, but worst of all it is oversensitive in the extreme. Picks up voltage occasionally with the main dp switch off...! As a tool to give a rough idea of voltage being present or not it fails badly...

My Fluke elcm doesn't miss a beat either, but I do still love Megger mfts..

Reply to Earth Leakage Clamp Meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net