Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Earth leakage clamp metres in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. hoover

hoover Regular EF Member

Thinking of getting one. Anybody know any good ones at a 'cheap' price?

2. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

You won't find a better budget leakage tester than the Di-Log DL6507. It's actually better than some of the far more expensive testers...

Every electrician should have a leakage clamp tester, as part of their test equipment these day's, RCD devices are here to stay. The problems they can give when something is wrong, can often only be detected by such a leakage clamps....

• Like Like x 6
  3. rich.250

rich.250 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Rich Williams Electrical
    Megger earth leakage clamp is awesome, not cheap though.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. GLENNSPARK

GLENNSPARK Electrician's Arms

ramp an RCD first though.....with all connected loads switched closed.....will give you a starting point..........

5. D80

D80 Guest

I'll second the Di-log DL6507. Essential bit of kit these days, can get it for around £100ish.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

I'd personally put the di-log unit up against the megger unit, i doubt there would be much in it either, ....except about 200 quid difference in price!! lol!!

7. Guest123

Guest123 Guest

Look through the 'tools & products' forum, lots of threads on clamps in there.

8. malcolmsanford

malcolmsanford Trusted Advisor

Can any of you lads throw light on why the Alphatek TEK633 died. I got 4 of these out here for my lads and they are great, I tried at Christmas to get another 2 and no one stocked them now.

9. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    think i had the last 1 off ebay some weeks ago.

10. tony mc

tony mc Electrician's Arms

Use a TIS 550 and seems to be spot on as long as you remember to switch it off when putting it away !

11. 1shortcircuit

1shortcircuit Guest

I was recommended to purchase the Dialog and I do not regret it at all, worth every penny and paid for itself already.

• Like Like x 1
  12. T&Earth

T&Earth Regular EF Member

Hi Guys

Has anyone got the Metrel MD 9270Leakage with Power functions? as was considering buying this one.
    Many Thanks
    T&E

13. HandySparks

HandySparks Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    Yes, not had the MD 9270 that long and not had the need to explore the advanced functions yet, but I'm pleased with it. It will give a nice stable measurement of small currents (a couple of mA) in a wire with much higher currents in adjacent cables. It doesn't seem to be affected by the positioning of the wire in the clamp either. Also gives a stable measurement of differential current in, for example, a pair of 25mm² meter tails. So I would say a quality piece of kit.

Only problem so far is finding space in a DB to actually fit the clamp round, say, the L & N of a circuit to measure differential current. But that would apply to any clamp meter. You certainly don't want to get something with a clamp that's physically bigger than necessary to do the job.

• Like Like x 1
  14. T&Earth

T&Earth Regular EF Member

Hi Handy Sparks

Thanks for the info much appreciated

T&E

• Like Like x 1
  15. D80

D80 Guest

All this praise of the Di-log DL6507, mine died today when it was needed. Anyone else had any problems with it? It won't display anything, and all it seems able to do is bleep:nopity: