Discuss Earth Leakage tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to replace my current Tester as it has broken, I have seen this one at my local wholesaler but not sure if it is up to the job. "DI-Log DL6506", I normally buy fluke but cant justify the cost on this item as I don't use it very often but still want something that is going to be able to check earth leakage for RCD tripping.

My Dilog ELCM packed up after 14 months. Apparently it became uncalibratable. Rarely used it. Got the Fluke 360 now, expensive but it feels solid and I have faith in the results being accurate. I tend to use it a lot more often also, largely due to doing more fault finding than I used to. All in all I would 100% recommend the Fluke and it was annoying to waste £100+ on the Dilog.

Last edited:
The Di-log DL6506 and the TM-EL9809 are the same machine just branded differently.

Below is a link to another thread about this instrument. Personally I would not buy another one as it is too unreliable, I guess theres a reason why it's far cheaper than any other earth leakage clamp meter.

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/electrical-tool-product-reviews/101199-dilog-dl6507-beware.html
The OP for that has already replied at #3 :). You could get a Di-log or TM once a year for 5 years for the price of a Fluke :shocked:

The OP for that has already replied at #3 :). You could get a Di-log or TM once a year for 5 years for the price of a Fluke :shocked:
And you'd need to replace them often it seems. I had a Di-Log unit, first was faulty when I got, 2nd lasted 4 weeks, 3rd was faulty when I got it.

Eng54 swore by his Dilog and obviously yours is still going strong Mid. But there are a few bad reports also. Mine, when it worked, was kept in its black padded case inside a CK bag and didn't get bashed about or otherwise mis-treated so I was miffed to say the least when it came back from the calibration day. With an instrument that is often required to measure tiny amounts of current I wouldn't have been that happy to rely on a bit of kit that got occasional bad reviews. That's largely why I ended up going for the Fluke as a replacement meter over getting another Dilog or the rebadged alternative. But, fair play if yours is still going strong.

Eng54 swore by his Dilog and obviously yours is still going strong Mid. But there are a few bad reports also. Mine, when it worked, was kept in its black padded case inside a CK bag and didn't get bashed about or otherwise mis-treated so I was miffed to say the least when it came back from the calibration day. With an instrument that is often required to measure tiny amounts of current I wouldn't have been that happy to rely on a bit of kit that got occasional bad reviews. That's largely why I ended up going for the Fluke as a replacement meter over getting another Dilog or the rebadged alternative. But, fair play if yours is still going strong.

As much as I know and like Fluke equipment (all my other equipment is made by Fluke), I can but I would rather not spend several hundred on equipment that I don't use very often, it would never pay for itself. I was hoping that this was nearly as good for a reasonable price.

As much as I know and like Fluke equipment (all my other equipment is made by Fluke), I can but I would rather not spend several hundred on equipment that I don't use very often, it would never pay for itself. I was hoping that this was nearly as good for a reasonable price.

Mark, that is exactly what I said to myself when I got the Dilog, so completely understand where you are coming from. My thoughts now are that if the Fluke lasts ten years then it is less than £40 per year. Not much when seen from that perspective!

You may get the Dilog and it works fine for years. Good on you if you do. Me though am once bitten twice shy.

Last edited:
i went megger for my earth leakage clamp meter. megger dcm300e and it seems good so far.

just googled it and you can get it for £325inc vat.

ask the sponcers what they recommend and can do for you.

they will know which ones are reliable with there customers.

(i was going to get a fluke clamp but couldnt justify the additional cost over the megger, yes the fluke is a lot better)

Last edited:
That Amprobe AC50A looks exactly the same as my defunct Dilog. That particular model seems to have been rebranded numerous times.

The new Dilog leakage meters do actually look better than they did, maybe as the company has grown they have started making more of their own gear instead of rebadging. Still not sure whether I would use them again though!

I nearly got the Megger Shanky, and my trusty MFT is Megger which has been spot on for over six years. But I did drop my MFT from a height of less than six inches which caused the LCD screen to bleed slightly (it landed on its arse, not on the screen). That is the only thing that put me off getting the Megger, and at the time the Fluke was only about £30 more.

Last edited:
Hi,

I sent a PM to Test-meter about 5 days ago but never got a reply )-:

I am slightly confused about the Amprobe as I agree that it looks the same (except the colour) but Shakey said that Amprobe are made by fluke??

Reply to Earth Leakage tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net