Discuss Earth rod installation... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Jusy wondered what the correct safest way of doing this is....? without going through gas/water pipes etc?

Reckon there is a chance I might have to rig one up temporarily for a job I'm doing. And also good to know for future reference.

Property is in the middle of a residential area so dont fancy just banging it in !!

Was thinking of digging down a couple of feet to see whats about ?

Thanks,

Sy

mmmm i just burst one last week,
otherwise use a detector, i normally look at layout and guess but not anymore.
would say put clamp on before knocking in rod or youll be pulling hair out, and try to keep it as near to intake as poss otherwise pretty straightforward.

CAT DETECTOR OF EBAY ! If you hit cable pipes the service provider will 0.00 your bank balance.
We got a call from a farmer once asking to fix a broken cable. He only plough through fiber optics about 10 ten times. he let the boys in a year before and got money for it. He had to pay up big I was told.

Jusy wondered what the correct safest way of doing this is....? without going through gas/water pipes etc?

Reckon there is a chance I might have to rig one up temporarily for a job I'm doing. And also good to know for future reference.

Property is in the middle of a residential area so dont fancy just banging it in !!

Was thinking of digging down a couple of feet to see whats about ?

Thanks,

Sy

Could you not get access to under the house? I would imagine there would be a lot less chance of anything being there!

There's a good chance I might not have to do it, reallly depends on how long it will take DNO to switch over to PME.... if not might suggest customer bangs it in himself, he seems pretty good on all his DIY etc!!

If not like you say, might try and get under the house?

Reply to Earth rod installation... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net