Discuss Easiest Fault Ever! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
got a call this a.m. @ 08.10. "can you come out, no electrics at all in the house".

"OK, 30 mins, what's the address?"

30 ish year old installation wylex metalclad with an added upfront RCD (tripped and won't reset).

tripped as soon a rfc1 MCB was energised.

while i got the lid off, customer unplugged all appliances.

MFT shows 2.6Meg L-E( low but not enough to trip ). so reset RCD, energised circuit. no trip.

customer then starts replugging appliances then PING.... trip. surge protected extension lead for TV, Sky box etc.

Happy days. in and out in 40 minures £40 in arse pocket, and a happy customer.

give me 10 of these each day, i'll be a happy bunny. :46:

I get asked to change light switches for estate agent landlords. £45 for 5 minutes and £5 for a switch. Nice £48 profit :) get lots of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue the other day.

My partner phones…. “The electrics have tripped in the house”ok what was you doing when it tripped? “I started using the steam mop youruncle gave us”

Now I know my uncles sockets are not RCD protected so problemsolved J

steam mop? ye're too soft.give 'er a bucket and scrubbing brush.

Best I ever had, call-out in Brecon No lights in the day room of a care home, Gets there turns the light switch on and haypresto the lights came on, Woman just looked at me and said "I didn't know there was a switch", 5 hour round trip on a Friday afternoon I was not happy.

We maintain submains and reyfiled boards for a council in london, well a while back their sparks went on strike and we covered them for 3 months. 2 of us every other weeks all work after 6pm. kettle,microwave,toaster all tripping rcd water leaks basically reset the rcd and tell them to through them or turn off eletrics. I remember one day it was a bank holiday and was raining i had 17 call outs x 50= Very happy me.

got a call this a.m. @ 08.10. "can you come out, no electrics at all in the house".

"OK, 30 mins, what's the address?"

30 ish year old installation wylex metalclad with an added upfront RCD (tripped and won't reset).

tripped as soon a rfc1 MCB was energised.

while i got the lid off, customer unplugged all appliances.

MFT shows 2.6Meg L-E( low but not enough to trip ). so reset RCD, energised circuit. no trip.

customer then starts replugging appliances then PING.... trip. surge protected extension lead for TV, Sky box etc.

Happy days. in and out in 40 minures £40 in arse pocket, and a happy customer.

give me 10 of these each day, i'll be a happy bunny. :46:

You are...the "Scouse Spider-man" :hurray:

Found a fault on an 800KVa geny,the other day,in 3 hours,suppliers technicians having been larking for 2 days...no thanks,no cheers,nothing but payment...

Called on an elderly neighbour of me folks,who had no fridge light,found a piece of leek stuck in the switch,sat with a cup of tea,basking in the glory,felt like i'd actually helped :hurray: funny old world

Best I ever had, call-out in Brecon No lights in the day room of a care home, Gets there turns the light switch on and haypresto the lights came on, Woman just looked at me and said "I didn't know there was a switch", 5 hour round trip on a Friday afternoon I was not happy.
I done somthing similer light not working at school , i had been there at the beginningof the holiday so" it must me my fault " then , drove 2 hours to find out that another company had been it to test the emergency lights and left the test switch of ffc :charming:

Reply to Easiest Fault Ever! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock