Discuss ECA and ESC announce major partnership in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sorry. I’ve not be reading this post till this morning .

Isit coming to unregistered electricians without N***** approval . that we will be sub-standard-electricians’ in the near future . ?????????
forall electricians . is it comingto ?? Them 89% & Us , 11%

Does the sunshine out there van’s . Rich get richer & the poor get madeunemployed . !!

There should be only , one-register for all

I think its great that the NICEIC will reduce their fee down to be more in line with ELECSA, a difference of around £9.00. I think it would be even better if they could HALF the fees or bring them more in line with Gas Safe Renewal.RENEWAL REGISTRATION FEES
Renewal registration fees from 1 April 2012 are as follows:

Non-web renewal (includes one engineer)
£175.00
Web renewal (includes one engineer)
£155.00
Additional engineer
£53.00 per engineer

All fees are excluding VAT, thus helping all electricians that want to be registered and stay registered but struggle with yearly fees and update courses. Also before the register becomes live maybe some sort of industry standard could be introduced where any company offering tradesmen sourcing must make it clear that all people sourcing electrical quotes must check that the electrical companies on their websites are listed on the electrical safety register before inviting them or asking them to quote.

I check the site on friday it will not search for any one out side london on my computer and if you can get it to work why are all the nic contractors listed before elecsa ones and why are they not listed in distance from the post code put in my post code gave me people 20 miles away but not ones 1 mile away if its a data base these are easy things to fix before you go live.

I have just tried my postcode and i was top of the list and im with Elecsa?

Sorry. I’ve not be reading this post till this morning .

Isit coming to unregistered electricians without N***** approval . that we will be sub-standard-electricians’ in the near future . ?????????
forall electricians . is it comingto ?? Them 89% & Us , 11%

Does the sunshine out there van’s . Rich get richer & the poor get madeunemployed . !!

There should be only , one-register for all

See whatit means to be a forum member can do Jason . Your pulling string !!!! here

Your going to have to translate that for me AL. I've not drunk enough yet.

Tony . translated . Etc

Jason has a sense of Humor . believe it on not .

From Jason post :
Ihave just tried my postcode and I was top of the list and am with Elecsa ?

See what it means to be a forum-member can do Jason . Your pulling strings !!! here . This was a joke

All – thanks for the comments – clearly the merger has gonedown well with everyone!!!
Seriously though, it has been interesting to hear the viewsand despite what you think we do listen.
This thread was set up so that we can be honest and open.Yes, we are clearly going to be NICEIC biased – that is part of our job – to promotethe NICEIC.
For those who are not with NICEIC I would just say that promotingour contractors is a key part of our work. After all that is what the fees helpfund. Does your scheme provider do thesame?
In regard to our past campaigns to consumers, and informationabout our work with the building regulations and training i have added somelinks below.
MOTyour home
ASK
BuildingRegulations
Trainingapprentices
In addition, i add some facts about the new Electrical SafetyRegister.
· Certsure now represents 80% of all Part P contractors in England and Wales
· Certsure now represents 46 of the TOP 50 electrical contractors in the UK
· 92%of notified domestic electrical jobs in the UK will be done by NICEIC/ ELECSAcontractors
· 8 out of every 10 domestic electricalcontractors are registered under the Electrical Safety Register
Anyway i think this will be the last post for now from me. Ido hope you have found this thread useful in some way.
Thank you for your views and comments – even the criticalones!

The ability to answer pertinent questions honestly and succinctly would be a valuable addition to your skill set - perhaps your training school run`s a course - but then again, there may be little demand ....

It really doesn’t matter all the time checker trade etc, are spending thousands advertising on TV every day.
This lot with all the years they have had to market, and still the public hardly know who they are. NICEIC is such a catchy name for a business for a start.
Just to prove a point put search criteria in Google and see how far up the list any of these scammers come.
If I put electricians in my area, I am 14 places higher than any of them.
Lord Sugar would fire the lot of them.

1. reduce membership fees to something realistic (in line with gassafe)
2. all electricians to become a member at the above realistic price providing they are carrying out private works
3. no more Electrical Trainee only suitably qualified elctricians may join (proof of quals means a single onsite assesment when first joining as further assesments are pointless unless random spot checks.
4. larger advertising campaign to get the message across
5. all scheme providers can stay but operate under a single safety badge (electric safe niceic, electric safe napit, electric safe elecsa)

HOW DIFFICULT IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!

I feel this thread was a complete waste of time, niceic set it up to answer questions and then leave after a few posts....... I'm struggling to see how this puts you in a good light to the contractors you depend upon for your very existence alot of who frequent this forum.

I feel this thread was a complete waste of time, niceic set it up to answer questions and then leave after a few posts....... I'm struggling to see how this puts you in a good light to the contractors you depend upon for your very existence alot of who frequent this forum.

Oh I wouldn't say it was a complete waste of time .... some of us really enjoyed watching the victim squirm and if he ever finds his way back to his masters after being thoroughly disorientated by the mauling he's been given, maybe some good will come out of what he tells them. :)

There again .. if pigs had wings ........ :sleep1:

Hi NICEIC Engineer,
I wonder if you can help me, the Public have had the competentperson.co.uk database for the last seven years, which gives them a searchable database for all registered Electricians and Contractors.

Why have the NICEIC introduced another competing database with just the NICEIC and ECA/ELECSA members, this is just confusing the public? Why has the NICEIC not supported and promoted the “competent person database” and developed a competing database?

I notice from the accounts of your owners the Electrical Safety Council, that the Electrical Industry does not support you financially, is it any wonder when this form of unilateral action is taken on safety matter.

Another Scheme has introduced a Brand called ElectricSafe which is open to all, surely one brand would be better, this petty commercial competition between Schemes is damaging to safety.

If you cannot get agreement for you proprietary brand, would you agree to an independent organisation, the Competentperson.co.uk database was independent, why has the NICEIC broken that agreement, why will you not support a single brand?

Many Contractors and Electricians left the NICEIC for ECA/ELECSA, by introducing a commercial Duopoly Certsure, you have restricted competition.

This will inevitably result in Contractors and Electricians paying more for services in the future, is this not really the only reason for this Duopoly as it cannot be for safety reasons.

I hope that I have not been to greedy in my questions, but as this is a safety issue, answers are needed.

Its a real shame that no one from the ECA could be bothered to contribute either!!!!

Lets hope the NICEIC man shows the thread to the lords and masters!

Wouldn't that be great. If 30,000 electricians just said....nah. I'll do it with the council mesen' ta.

Well that's what I've been advocating for a long time now, but since I'm now retired it doesn't really concern me any more.

Mind you, even when I was working I didn't concern myself with the scam providers.

Just ignore them & they'll go away. Stop paying your TV tax ... sorry, licence .... too.

until electricians finally unite and put a stop to it - this will slowly get worse

I agree Ezzekial, if you think that this low level bitching by the Control Freaks arguing about who controls Our Trade is bad now, you wait until Part P Mk2 is announced maybe before the end of the year.

The Schemes were very quiet when there was a real push by DCLG to scrap them, but all the torque screwdrivers, Anemometers requirements, courses, increases in fees will appear once Part P MK2 arrives and they are more confident.

We had 5DW then Electrical Trainee, expect that to extend slightly but not that much, there is so much money to be made by putting incompetent people into the homes of the public, with a presumed exemption from consequences that it will continue.

I don’t want to get into which Scheme is the worst, because at the end of the day it is always Our Trade that suffers.

We will have to unite, the problem is the Schemes and DCLG make sure that we do not have a voice, NAPIT do lobby with the NTA in their own way, but in the end it will be down to Our Trade, nobody is going to do it for us.

During the lobbying of politicians, by Schemes there have been one or two omissions for some reason, which will need rectifying, but I am confident that something will happen.

Back to the OP,
I quite like ElectricSafe as a Brand name, they could have used it with the competentperson.co.uk database that exists and the Schemes use, with a refresh it would have been much cheaper and quicker.

But what we are witnessing, is a fight for Power and Money, .........Our Money.

Reply to ECA and ESC announce major partnership in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock