Discuss ECIR requested by the supplier. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Seen it a few times before, usually goes like this.
Letter received from DNO
"Dead testing MUST be completed and a copy of the test results MUST be made available for the engineer on the day of connection otherwise connection cannot proceed"

Day of connection, to DNO engineer
"Hi mate, got your test results you need"
"My what ?, nah mate I don't need any of that. Where's the head going ?"

So the report is done and let's say that a C2 is found. Would DNO refuse to connect? Assume C3 is ok to connect and C1 not ok. Just wondering :)

You could do a EICR dead using R1R2 and IR (where possible), any circuits not passing muster could be left disconnected with the prior agreement of the client (you could make this a condition of the works)
Worst case - they could be left with a install with adequate bonding and 90% of the circuits not connected :D

From past experience- if it is not connected they deal with it sooner rather than later

Reply to ECIR requested by the supplier. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a EV charger that is reporting over voltage and is unable to charge. the charger will operate up to 253V The solar inverter reports...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Next door neighbour .Single mother 2 young kids . Been there 6-7 years .landlady is super reluctant to ever communicate no matter what the issue ...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock