Discuss Eco 7 teleswitch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

Working on storage heaters and seem to be getting a 100v reading from teleswitch when economy hours are not on.... Any reason for this? Possible causes?

Induced voltage from live circuits running near the ECO7 circuits?
If you have a real 100 V then the storage heaters would be heating somewhat when off as 100V would be enough to cause a resistive heater to operate.
If it is a real voltage and you have disconnected the Economy 7 circuits and it is only at the teleswitch then call the supply company.
If you have an E7 CU then switch off and check for which side of the main switch the voltage is present.

Voltage is coming from the incoming side of the E7 CU so from tele switch. Once main switch is isolated at CU no voltage at storage heater circuits. Tested voltage from the outgoing live terminal of tele switch and still getting the same voltage (about 120v).

other than the tele switch being knackered I'm baffled.

Reply to Eco 7 teleswitch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
There was always talk of teleswitch transmitters being switched off. Does anyone know if that is a thing, or whether it’s been done? I was at a...
Replies
Views
Been round to a house to quote to replace some storage heaters for new panel heaters and came across a strange (to me at least) way of wiring the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Had a call out today about an odd issue with a newish Creda DT storage heater. Basically.. Storage heaters were installed in one flat...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock