Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss EcoTec Plus 424, VR66, VRT350F - Y system 3 port valve problem in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Peterppp

Peterppp EF Member

Hello, I am new here but desperate for help as this is first time I am stuck on regular boiler Y system wiring. I have installed EcoTec Plus 424 with clipped on VRT350F and control centre VR66. I have wired all as requested in manual and get problem with 3 port valve. It get's stuck in either HW (standard) or CH, i cannot get the valve to go to mid position even when calls for both water and heating. Firstly i thought it was something wrong with the valve - replaced, nothing. Can this be an issue with the control box itself or the programmer?

I hope someone's here had "pleasure" with both these as this is my first time with them. I usually use Honeywell wiring centre which works just fine - but customer grrrr

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  2. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

Seek advice from the manufacturer, perhaps not helpful on a Saturday night. Is it Valliant?

• Like Like x 1
  3. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

What do all those numbers mean?

Is it a diverter valve or a mid position valve?
    Does it give priority to DHW and change over to heating once the cylinder stay is satisfied

4. snowhead

snowhead Trusted Advisor

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peterppp

Peterppp EF Member

6. Peterppp

Peterppp EF Member

tried - no luck on Sat :(

7. Peterppp

Peterppp EF Member

I did set the rotary switch to 1 but i guess this is not the thing

8. Peterppp

Peterppp EF Member

just quick update - 3 phone calls to the manufacturer and 3 different opinions - engineer is going to be out tomorrow to check