Discuss Ecs card scam in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

contract harry

:nuke: Beware folks. There is a company who aparently come out top of the Google search list who are running a scam for electricians wanting ECS acreditation and cards.
Some of my guys have been caught out. The company is www.constructionsupport.co.uk or Construction Support Line or www.healthandsafetytest.co.uk/CSCS .
The guys booked a group session and have been jerked around with conflicting messages and misleading venue information. I imagine this is designed to ensure the appiontment is missed so that the fee can be retained by default If this is not a scam, it sounds like this bunch are the most incompetent shower to ever lift a phone.

Pass this around folks.

H

Mate, if you have even a smidgin of proof to support this, then please please please report it immediately. If this is true then the authorities need to be made aware of it.
Thanks for the heads up.

Could be either - I've heard of companies who charge you twice what it should cost.
On the other hand I called Unite to book an ECS test and they tried telling me they'd never heard of it.
Best to book it through the ECA IMO.

Could be either - I've heard of companies who charge you twice what it should cost.
On the other hand I called Unite to book an ECS test and they tried telling me they'd never heard of it.
Best to book it through the ECA IMO.

WTF??? You're joking right? If thats the case, then how the hell can Unite be expected to fight our cause against the de-skilling of OUR industry? And people are questioning my morals, and accusing me of being a fascist, and all because I'm sceptical of Unite?

:nuke: Beware folks. There is a company who aparently come out top of the Google search list who are running a scam for electricians wanting ECS acreditation and cards.
Some of my guys have been caught out. The company is --- or Construction Support Line or --- .
The guys booked a group session and have been jerked around with conflicting messages and misleading venue information. I imagine this is designed to ensure the appiontment is missed so that the fee can be retained by default If this is not a scam, it sounds like this bunch are the most incompetent shower to ever lift a phone.

Pass this around folks.

H

I appreciate this post is old but I thought I would mention it anyways. You should really remove the links to their websites (but still list their company names) because by linking to them you are actually boosting their profile in Google which means more people will see who they are and probably end up buying from them!

Dear Harry

Firstly let me apologise for the delay in getting back to you with a response.

I understand your confusion and upset and Construction Support apologise for any inconvenience caused!
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]At construction Support we serve as an intermediary for the construction industry, we aim to offer a streamlined and hassle free way of booking and obtaining your qualifications/right to work on site.

[/FONT]
We have years of experience and many of our customers believe that we have become the best in our field.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We deal with most of the CSCS and affiliates scheme aiming to reduce the paperwork and hassle you have to go through as an end user...

[/FONT]
Sometimes the minefield of paperwork and red tape proves difficult for even us to cope with and it sounds to me you were one of the very few unfortunate ones caught up in this.
When looking at the ECS process it became apparent that for ECS cards and tests, it would be simpler and more effective for the individual to deal with them directly.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]As I mentioned before that our aim is to support the construction industry into improving the way we work, making it easier and hassle free to gain your CSCS/NVQ or affiliate cards and unlike our competitors we are not here to cash in on a booming trade.[/FONT]

Therefore we have since taken the decision to not offer ECS card assistance and test, however we are currently working on a free fact sheet on how you can apply direct with quickly and easily to ensure our learnings over the passed few years are of use to you.

We wish you and all in your company the best and I do hope you accept our apology

Many Thanks

Construction Support

Some of my guys have been caught out. The company is Construction Support Line or

Pass this around folks.

H

No I would say the previous post was correct in saying this company gives you the runaround,if not outright lies.

I phoned them last year explained I was looking to do the ECS test but having 2391/2360 and no NVQ I would have to have an ungraded card, they booked me £45 in I sat the test no problem I got full marks they would book me in for another test the ECS part later, the Bloke took my photo and said card would be in the post , a letter of confirmation arrived headed CSCS as I knew they were affiliated this didn't worry me much . 6 months later and I'm still waiting for the card and electrical safety test, a job came up on a large site where I needed the card so I chased them up and was told it would only be the CSCS version and I'd have to pay another £48.00 for it.
Classic case of either mis selling or incompetence!

@constructionSL .... i assume you will be fully re-imbursing all who have overpaid or missed out at a personal cost to themselves through no fault of their own.... and apology is empty unless you back it up with actions.

I look forward to see all effected existing members getting their money back and forwarding a post to confirm so i say existing so we dont get a stream of new members suddenly jumping on this thread which would seem a little strange.

This post by any means is not a challenge to the legitimacy of your company but a response to your post to which you acknowledge you short falls hence those effected should be due for some form of compensation.

Reply to Ecs card scam in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock