JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Ecs & jib

Discuss Ecs & jib in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Does anyone know how to qualify fir senior graded adult trainee Im currently a jib adult trainee doing my level 3, I cant seem to find out anything about it or if I qualify. Thanks j

I am also looking at applying for an ECS card and wondered if anyone can help?

I am currently nearing the end of my 1st year C&G 2357 and have 18months on-site experience. The ECS website doesn't mention the C&G 2357, what card should I be applying for?

Can anyone advise me please, I want to apply to get an ecs card, I have been an electrician for 23 years, self employed for 12 of those years, my qualifications are c&g 2360 part 1, am1, am2, HND in musical instrument technology and a degree in audio music technology, certificate for 17th addition with amendment one, certificate for 2391 test and inspect.
Can I get a ecs card with these qualifications? If you repley with some good advise it will be much appreciated, Thanks

As far as I know, you will need the current equivalent of the 2360 pt 2 and the nvq 3 log book for the gold sparks card. Give them a call to find out.

I have got 17th edition, NVQ 3, 2360 part 1 and failed 1 exam on part 2, never had chance to retake which I regret! But from this can I apply for a JIB card and if so what grade will I get? Been a spark for 9 years never had the need to get a JIB all ways had a CSCS.

I have got 17th edition, NVQ 3, 2360 part 1 and failed 1 exam on part 2, never had chance to retake which I regret! But from this can I apply for a JIB card and if so what grade will I get? Been a spark for 9 years never had the need to get a JIB until now, all ways had a CSCS.

Can anyone advise me please, I want to apply to get an ecs card, I have been an electrician for 23 years, self employed for 12 of those years, my qualifications are c&g 2360 part 1, am1, am2, HND in musical instrument technology and a degree in audio music technology, certificate for 17th addition with amendment one, certificate for 2391 test and inspect.
Can I get a ecs card with these qualifications? If you repley with some good advise it will be much appreciated, Thanks

Hi Whaler,

As you have achieved your 236 parts one and two before 1996 you should not need to complete your NVQ etc but you will need to take your ECS test (about £40) and once completed you should be able to apply to JIB and get your gold card. You should go on ecs website and complete an application form, they will let you know where your nearest centre is where you can sit the test http://www.ecscard.org.uk/ecs_health_and_safety_test.aspx

You would also be advised to contact the JIB and explain that you have your 236 pre 96 and confirm the above with them as well just to be on safe side.

Reply to Ecs & jib in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net