ECS

Discuss ECS in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DuaneMHunt1976

I keep seeing jobs around that need ECS card, and years on the job!

EAL Periodic Inspection, Testing & Condition Reporting of Electrical (2395)
LCP Initial Verification and Certificate of Electrical Installations (2394)
C&G2377-22 In-Service Inspection & Testing
C&G2382-12 17th Edition Wiring Reg
C&G2330-10 Level 3 Electrical Installations
C&G2330-07 Level 2 Electrical Installations

Now as far as i can read, as i find it a bit hard, and ECS Forms outdated and Complex
That i can go for a Level 2 IMPROVER, but i need letters from someone !

Can any one POINT me in the RIGHT DIRECTION on what i can and cant get
and how to get a ECS card.. did read one advert asking if i could have a CSCS BLUE card
some just say CSCS just to get on the site.

I know people are going to say DO THE NVQ3 and AM2 but i would like more HANDS before doing that personally.

As for the ECS, cant email them as they dont HELP via EMAILS .. cant phone them as they are BUSY and the phone goes dead.

ECS or JIB is a nightmare from what i have heard. you can get CSCS card just by doing a quick H&S exam cost about £35. this will get you on site, but essentially as a labourer. a lot of sparks' mates have just CSCS.

ECS or JIB is a nightmare from what i have heard. you can get CSCS card just by doing a quick H&S exam cost about £35. this will get you on site, but essentially as a labourer. a lot of sparks' mates have just CSCS.
just been talking to CSCS about GREEN and BLUE..
GREEN is bog standard and i might end up getting even for £35 isnt much.. You also have to do a H&S Level 1 course now :( but i did that too..
BLUE is SKILL as Electrician would have to be ECS.. i think might get a BLUE if i have NVQ 2 or above i think, im not sure (but i think not) if the 2330 level 2 & 3 is NVQ or is it just the FULL Qualification

Think MONDAY ill Phone up to get a GREEN one unless my 2330 is NVQ and in CONSTRUCTION

Welcome to JIB world, I am in my fourth month of trying to renew my card because they say they cannot email certain things because I have a BT address!

LOL the ECS card computer says no operators I have had a rant over this before as they would not accept me as a trainee electrician even though i was on the full time city and guilds level 2 diploma. Anyway cut a long story short I have a ECS card and they sent me the gold one LOL. Im a certified gold card holder ancillary operative.
Total joke IMO a lot of good qualified sparks cant even get the gold card lol.

The Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) is reminding the industry to get ready for the withdrawal of the Construction Related Occupation (CRO) card.

What does this mean?

• CRO cards will cease to be issued from 31st March 2017
  • CRO cards issued since 1st October 2015 will expire on 30th September 2017*
CRO cardholders must take further steps to replace their CRO cards before they expire.

What do I need to do?

The removal of the CRO card affects over 230,000 CRO card holders. In many cases CRO card holders will be required to register for existing or newly developed qualifications. In others, card holders will be asked to move to one of CSCS’s Partner Card Schemes that are more appropriate for their occupation. For some, where their occupation is not construction related or no suitable qualifications exist, a CSCS card will no longer be issued.

CRO cardholders can find out what steps they need to take by inputting their occupation into card finder and following the steps on the screen.

CRO card holders who do not take the necessary steps to replace their cards will find they will be unable to obtain another CSCS card.

The withdrawal of the CRO card is seen as a practical step towards achieving the Construction Leadership Council’s requirement of ensuring nationally recognised qualifications are in place for all construction related occupations.

Welcome to JIB world, I am in my fourth month of trying to renew my card because they say they cannot email certain things because I have a BT address!
Only 5 months to go then if my application was anything to go by!

just been talking to CSCS about GREEN and BLUE..
GREEN is bog standard and i might end up getting even for £35 isnt much.. You also have to do a H&S Level 1 course now :( but i did that too..
BLUE is SKILL as Electrician would have to be ECS.. i think might get a BLUE if i have NVQ 2 or above i think, im not sure (but i think not) if the 2330 level 2 & 3 is NVQ or is it just the FULL Qualification

Think MONDAY ill Phone up to get a GREEN one unless my 2330 is NVQ and in CONSTRUCTION

Unfortunately the 2330 is only a technical certificate. You need the 2356 NVQ AS WELL to be qualified and to get JIB card. But you could get an ECS card but I really can't say what grade will be on it. Maybe "Trainee Stage 2,3" etc. only they will know that. Seems to be different for different people.

Jay

I cant get GOLD unless i have th NVQ i know that bit ok.. READ the SITE lots and LOTS of times .. still dam complex
one stage it asks for 2330 + NVQ 3 .. HOLD on if i had the NVQ3 then i wouldnt NEED the F 2330!!

As for the GOLD CARD, DONT WANT ONE .. i want Hands on working .. and UNTILL then .. there is NO POINT in doing AM2 and such .. i can pass all the classroom rubbish, but its the hands on that is the MOST important thing. and that is what i believe the AM2 test will show out.

That been said i want what they call a IMPROVERS or a TRAINEE level 2.. as i would have to be ON the NVQ3 + AM2 course to get Trainee level 3

with the words "ONLY THEY WILL KNOW THAT" is the problem as ECS dont Talk to any one ..
Feels like someone on the phone line calling someone else up while painting their nails talking about all sorts of naff all to do with the job.. as it always seems busy

I cant get GOLD unless i have th NVQ i know that bit ok.. READ the SITE lots and LOTS of times .. still dam complex
one stage it asks for 2330 + NVQ 3 .. HOLD on if i had the NVQ3 then i wouldnt NEED the F 2330!!

As for the GOLD CARD, DONT WANT ONE .. i want Hands on working .. and UNTILL then .. there is NO POINT in doing AM2 and such .. i can pass all the classroom rubbish, but its the hands on that is the MOST important thing. and that is what i believe the AM2 test will show out.

That been said i want what they call a IMPROVERS or a TRAINEE level 2.. as i would have to be ON the NVQ3 + AM2 course to get Trainee level 3

with the words "ONLY THEY WILL KNOW THAT" is the problem as ECS dont Talk to any one ..
Feels like someone on the phone line calling someone else up while painting their nails talking about all sorts of naff all to do with the job.. as it always seems busy

You would still need the 2330. If you have BOTH the 2330 and nvq, that is the equivalent to an apprenticeship.

JIB are a pain in the ---. One of my colleagues has just sat the h & s test and applied for the approved gold card. He was sent a black "site electrical supervisors" card but they said there was a problem with the gold card?? What's that about??

Whilst I understand your frustrations, the only people that can tell you what you will get is the JIB. And like you say, they are crap atm.

Jay

Did mine only few weeks ago no issues

Had all quals inc testing and inspecting, applied online next day was approved, thought i would get approved electrician but only got electrician. Phoned them up they said you have to be gold card holder for 2 years then you get approved. Dont make much difference to me IMO.

Thanks

That's exactly how it seems - keep on going DuaneM

Maybe Im wrong but there is my opinion. First go and pass ECS exam. Very easy. Then Google Ecs card application form. The think is on ecs website is very complicated to understand how to get the ecs card for beginner. Just download ECS application form from google and everything there is explained. And if you dont want to go for ECS Gold and you dont have apprenticeship then apply for O097 Unskilled grade and in description put G400 Labourer and in appendix D put G400 Labourer and you will receive white ECS card ancillary operative.This is way how you can start work as electrician mate. Just reed and fill up the form. My ECS card is already in my pocket in this way. I spend some while with that crazy paperwork but in the end I received Ecs card with 1 time. I hope this information will help for you or any other person.

Reply to ECS in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock