Discuss EIC customer or builders details in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

robo83

-
Reaction score
I normally notify the job with the customers details. However the builder I work for has had a falling out with the customer due to matters not related to my work, and has said the EIC and notifying of the job is to be in his name.

Is this allowed?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I would check with your scheme.

Sounds like the builder wants to blackmail the customer and I think you are better off out of it

The EIC should be in the name of your customer, that is to say the person who is paying you. If you are working directly for the builder the you issue the EIC to them when they settle the final invoice, if it is the final customer who is employing you directly then you issue the EIC to them when you've been paid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the builder is paying him though he has a big stick over him .
It could be dodgy for him.

But it would then be the builder who ordered the work from the Electrician, so by right the cert should go to him anyway.

Yes , but the spark would have to notify , unless it is in with the building fees.
The way I pick it up is that he works for the builder.

Yes , but the spark would have to notify , unless it is in with the building fees.
The way I pick it up is that he works for the builder.

We don't have notifications here so I can't state definitively whether that should be in the builder's or owner's name.

The builder would have to be a member of a scheme to notify to BC.
It would normally be the installation spark that would notify in this case if I am understanding the post right.

When I worked for a building company all of the subcontractors doing jobs would issue their EICs to our company and make the notification for part p.
We would issue the EIC for work we did in-house direct to our customer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know the builder really well, he is fine with all trades. I think he has unsettled finances with the customer. He has paid me so wants to keep as much paperwork until he is paid out by the customer.

He normally gives me customers details. So this is a little off what normally happens, but if it's OK to notify and issue paperwork in his name then I'll do that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Reply to EIC customer or builders details in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock