Discuss EIC etc. For New Circuits in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

NickD

Hi again guys.

So, if you're filling out EIC + Sched Of Inspections + Sched(s) of Test for an existing installation, for example because you've added new circuits :-

1. When filling out the Sched Of Inspections, do you fill it out thinking about the new stuff you've put in or the whole installation? For example the SELV box: if my additions feature no SELV but the existing installation does, is that tick or N/A? Another example, the one that's got me a bit foxed, the "Routing of cables in prescribed zones" box: well, none of my additions are buried so zoning is N/A for them...but much of the wiring of the pre-existing circuits is buried...haven't noticed any buried outside the zones but cannot say with authority that all that's buried is within the zones...so should that be tick or N/A?

2. Testing: I take it there is no hard and fast obligation to test existing final circuits where your additions neither interfere with them not rely on them?

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Similarly the "Additional protection by 30mA RCD for cables in walls" box - there certainly are pre-existing cables that should be so protected (by the current standard) but aren't (cos they were installed to a previous edition). It's certainly not a tick. So is it an N/A (as it's N/A for my additions) or a scary X because such protection is required by the current standard but absent in the pre-existing wiring?

The circuits you have changed, otherwise you would need to fill out a full test of the installation for changing a light bulb.
So long as the description of work is clear it is your work your are testing, which may well include the rest of an altered circuit.

Just address your cert on the new work and any supply and earthing arrangements that it relies on. So, if all your new wiring is surface run, then consideration of RCD protection for buried cables is N/A. Again, testing is only your new work. Of course, if it's a CU change, then you need to test all the final circuits as the protective devices will have changed.

If you are adding a circuit to a 10 way board and your "new" circuit is circuit 7, I would fill out the EIC with "used" against circuits 1 to 6, then the full details for the C7 you've added then "spare" for the spare circuits.

Reply to EIC etc. For New Circuits in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock