Discuss EICR 1 bed flat- simples in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

ohmslow86

Hi,

scenario is. TNC-S 100A BS1361 main fuse at DNO cutout. 16mm tails feeding meter. 2x 16mm T&E cables coming out of meter (no switch fuse) going through wall (un-protected) up cavity across attic to the House DB and storage heating DB-both 15m away. Ze-0.17 pfc-1.32

The 6mm CPCs from the T&E are connected to the cutouts MET. A single 6mm Earth going away from MET to bond water supply. All extraneous parts inside bonded in 6mm.

House DB made up of 2x 2kw convectors, 8.5kw shower, 5.5kw free standing cooker, 2x32A ring mains,1x Immersion heater. Storage HTG DB has 1x2.8 kW. All RCD protected.

Is the 16mm TE undersized to take load of House DB?

Table 4D5 suggests CCC using method 101 is 57A for 16mm TE. So, am I correct in giving this a Code 2? Even though this is original wiring when house was built (1 up 1 down) and there are no signs of thermal damage at either ends...

Is the DNO 100A main fuse sufficient protection for the 16mm TE?

I need to get my wording spot on as the Landlord is a retired spark!

Input please. Thanks

Hi,

scenario is. TNC-S 100A BS1361 main fuse at DNO cutout. 16mm tails feeding meter. 2x 16mm T&E cables coming out of meter (no switch fuse) going through wall (un-protected) up cavity across attic to the House DB and storage heating DB-both 15m away. Ze-0.17 pfc-1.32

The 6mm CPCs from the T&E are connected to the cutouts MET. A single 6mm Earth going away from MET to bond water supply. All extraneous parts inside bonded in 6mm.

House DB made up of 2x 2kw convectors, 8.5kw shower, 5.5kw free standing cooker, 2x32A ring mains,1x Immersion heater. Storage HTG DB has 1x2.8 kW. All RCD protected.

Is the 16mm TE undersized to take load of House DB?

Table 4D5 suggests CCC using method 101 is 57A for 16mm TE. So, am I correct in giving this a Code 2? Even though this is original wiring when house was built (1 up 1 down) and there are no signs of thermal damage at either ends...

Is the DNO 100A main fuse sufficient protection for the 16mm TE?

I need to get my wording spot on as the Landlord is a retired spark!

Input please. Thanks
Any Gas bond?

It says it on fuse carrier- I know could well be 60/80A but if it says it on the tin...

TE condcutors are in sleeving in their retrospective colours.

Those conductors can never be sleeved so they are suitably enclosed, nor will it provide adequate mechanical protection. You cannot predict what the fuse is in that carrier, given the distance they travel and their means of connection what is your view.

So, are you saying that when reporting the condition of an installation you would put the supply protective device characteristics as as Limitation even though the fuse carrier is labelled?

My view - cable is undersized.

I always state it is Not Verified. Whatever the fuse size it should be provided with circuit protection which in turn would enable correct connection of the cables.

You don't know the cable is undersized, I would say it has not been provided with suitable circuit protection. I would also say conductors are not suitably enclosed at the meter.

Lots of fuse carriers rated to 100A have 60A fuses round my way, I'm told. Just to add to the list, since its TNCS then Table 54.8 applies for the bonding conductor and 10mm is min.

Reply to EICR 1 bed flat- simples in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net