Discuss EICR advice needed please in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am looking at going on my own soon and potentially have some EICR work coming up. Just after a bit of advice really.

I was going to go the NICEIC domestic installer route but soon realised i could not carry out eicr's with their headed certificates which is no good to me.

Going the Approved contractor route is not really viable as i won't be able to show 5 jobs from domestic, commercial and industrial as i will mainly be doing domestic.

Am i right in that if i join Nappit i could carry out Eicr's with headed certification.

Also my other query is a lot of the potential EICR's i will be getting will be Landlord boards in communal flat areas. Would this come under domestic or commercial? I've scoured the forums and it seems to be a grey area with some sparks saying domestic and under part p and some sparks saying its commercial.

I have my level 2 & level 3 city and guilds 2330, 17th edition 2382 and
2391-52 inspection and testing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Im registered with the NICEIC on the Domestic Installer scheme, I didnt bother with AC as i do 90% domestics and a few jobs on small shops and offices the rest.
You cant use the niceic logo on a EICR if not an approved contractor, but for a couple quid a pop they provide a generic certificate on their online notification portal for members to use, its exactly the same as the AC ones, just without the logo, for the fee they give it a unique certificate number and let you use their drop down menus etc to make filling it in easy, I have used it for a couple of eicrs, but have a good editable pdf version of the generic IET forms i prefer on my Ipad to use as I go, as the NICEIC website requires internet access which i dont always have when working. On my last assessment prior to christmas the assessor asked about my EICR's I had filled out and didnt bat an eyelid other than say 'dont use the niceic logo unless you have joined the AC scheme'
The certificates for Domestic Installers and other generic ones available if on the DI scheme are shown below... Its quite a selection.
i have uploaded a blank version of the generic EICR form they offer. on the plus side you can add your own company logo though.
upload_2018-2-5_19-40-22.png

Attachments

• ipm6.pdf
    541.7 KB · Views: 50
Im registered with the NICEIC on the Domestic Installer scheme, I didnt bother with AC as i do 90% domestics and a few jobs on small shops and offices the rest.
You cant use the niceic logo on a EICR if not an approved contractor, but for a couple quid a pop they provide a generic certificate on their online notification portal for members to use, its exactly the same as the AC ones, just without the logo, for the fee they give it a unique certificate number and let you use their drop down menus etc to make filling it in easy, I have used it for a couple of eicrs, but have a good editable pdf version of the generic IET forms i prefer on my Ipad to use as I go, as the NICEIC website requires internet access which i dont always have when working. On my last assessment prior to christmas the assessor asked about my EICR's I had filled out and didnt bat an eyelid other than say 'dont use the niceic logo unless you have joined the AC scheme'
The certificates for Domestic Installers and other generic ones available if on the DI scheme are shown below... Its quite a selection.
i have uploaded a blank version of the generic EICR form they offer. on the plus side you can add your own company logo though.
View attachment 40646
Thanks for the reply that would probably be ok if i could add my company logo to it. I'm just concerned my client would want niceic or nappit etc. at the top of the certs. They haven't specified that so maybe i'm just overthinking it

with eicrs, the vast majority of the time it comes down to just a few simple things, that the report does not highlight any C1's, its signed and dated and does not cost too much, lower the price the better as far as most letting agents are concerned, beyond that the average landlord or letting agent does not care less what technical jargon is on the paperwork. of course if the proverbial hits the fan and you gave it a clean bill of health then you might need a good lawyer or best have good insurance.

Reply to EICR advice needed please in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net