Discuss EICR and electrium MCB's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickblake

how many of you check those electrium mcb's to see if they were on the recall list , did an EICR today and found these they were in a school where the original electrical company had gone bust they stated the were a small qualntity that were burning ye right ,few more than that i found four in a board of 6 recalled MCB's !!! , st gerrards vira menai bridge 035.JPG will never use electrium products again especially as i was told by electrium they were unlikly to be on the recall list , the trust has gone

How can an MCB generate that kind of internal heat that has damaged the plastic casing and still not nuisance trip on the thermal mechanism?

that,s whats the concern and how important it is to check any wylex, crabtree, sector, newlec,volex ,etc in fact all electrium mcb's during an EICR they are still out there and a potential hazard , i shot out and got some replacement MCB's and replaced them

Reply to EICR and electrium MCB's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope this is the right place to post this, please redirect me if not. I've spent quite some time reading the forums, so I apologize if I've...
Replies
Views
So a quick catch up so you can get an idea… I was asked to do a job for another electrician, as he is too busy. I’m busy myself but said I’d...
Replies
Views
NAPIT Certification Scheme Fraudulent EICR, who to contact?
I hope somebody can help me here, I really need some advice on who to complain to in this situation please: Hello, So after months of chasing my...
Replies
Views
Done an EICR today- photocopied NICEIC certificate , didn't look legit Called the local company who's name was on the EICR and they had told me...
Replies
Views
Hi Im newto this forum and hello to everybody. Im experienced electrician with 15 years of experience in all kind of domestic premised. Some...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock