Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss EICR and trying to compete. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

Hi all,

Just a quick request, having looked on the net and failed i am looking for a pdf or the like that simply highlights what a EICR should include if done properly so that i can attach this to my quotes when submitting them to domestic customers. This is an attempt to highlight to them that a report done properly cant be done for the £65 being advertised in the paper or from the "local lad with a pad".

I have a feeling that 90% of customers opening my quote and reading £160+VAT then proceed to put it in the bin. I do always say on the quote that it allows for a minimum 5 hours onsite test and inspection and that i need access to all rooms etc but i am guessing this is skim read over when they have a quote for £65 offering the same (albeit with 1 hour onsite i am guessing)

Cheers

2. tonycoysh

tonycoysh Guest

Green OSG Appendix G page 168 - 172.

As for whether or not you would be permitted to use it for the purpose you intend under copyright laws I don't know. But you could scan it in and enlarge to A4. I don't remember if the BGB has the model forms filled in or blank with out getting up and grabbing it off the shelf. (OSG was already beside me)

3. i=p/u

i=p/u Electrician's Arms

yeh simple house with no alterations past pirs, past electrical certificates , quick visual as walking around and test which doesnt mean they havent done it properly or against the regs.. sample testing, id say these people start their price from£69

4. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

Hi mate,

I ment more like an IET fact sheet, NICEIC or safety council guide etc. I toyed with the idea of sending a sample report however i figured that they would probably have seen them before be would just see a tick sheet and not the amount of work that has to go into a PIR to do it correctly.

Thanks

5. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

I understand that, and if it was a house I had previously tested then that would be fine, personally i dont like to rely on previous PIRs too much and like to always do a comprehensive check as apposed to sample testing. My name on the cert so I would like an overall picture of what i am signing my name to. I would even go in the loft and have a good look around.

6. i=p/u

i=p/u Electrician's Arms

aye they just doing the bare minimum and to make money they arnt staying more than 2 hours..

there is a sheet your looking for floating around, that other members say they hand out, hang round and somone will point you where to find it

7. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

To make money on £69 a go you would have to be doing 3 a day min I would think and they would have to be very close together.

I'll hang round and hopefully someone can point me to it.

Thanks for your help

8. Kiers1970

Kiers1970 Regular EF Member

I did on the other day, for an estate/letting agent. I charge them between £80 and £100, I get the remedial works too, 90% of the time so it pays to be 'competitive' if you catch my drift.

9. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

• Like Like x 1
  10. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

I give reduced rates between £100-120 if doing any estate agent or existing customer works, again due to the repeat business aspect. However for the normal 1 offs i keep prices higher because of the unknown element and because i usually say that as a rule i wont quote for the remedial unless specifically asked to do so (conflict of interest/professionalism things)

11. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

Depends on the installation, Age, No of cicuits etc, evidence of alterations, I did a 2 bed flat the other week, 3 circuits, Ring,lights,cooker, hasnt been touched scince it was installed in the 60's---£90

12. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

13. RISElectrical

RISElectrical Guest

Maybe i need to have a slightly reduced rates for flats, currently i just have a fixed rate for anything upto and including 3 bedrooms and then set charges on top of that for more than 10 circuits, extra rooms etc.

14. i=p/u

i=p/u Electrician's Arms

every situation is different.... dont wrap yourself up in a plan cause verylikey will go down the drain, just make money for your loved ones,

oj thats a cheap ass awnser