Discuss Eicr code - db is dirty in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tim

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im doing an eicr on an events building, the db is in the main kitchen, however dirt and grime havegot into the db.

Would you code it?

Im thinking c3 as there is no sign of danger but improvements could be made. Or am i being too picky.

The cause of the grime getting in is the fact that the door hinge is broken, this has already been noted.

The pic is of the worst partImageUploadedByTapatalk1363082063.471178.jpg

Hope your all having fun on this winters day

Tim

A bit pedantic but, you could include this note in the original recommendation and record it all as one. i.e evidence of foreign bodies and grime within distribution board causing build up of dirt etc at MCB's within or something like that. C3. Check the MCB's for tightness etc and make sure all connections are secure.

Last edited:
If you have already noted the door missing I would probably note the grime issue with that, rather than a separate note. That way it falls in with the same code as the missing door.

Just wipe it down with a wet cloth........just kidding:wink5:

I'd just flag it up as a C3 on the same note as the door being broken

- - - Updated - - -

If you have already noted the door missing I would probably note the grime issue with that, rather than a separate note. That way it falls in with the same code as the missing door.
you beat me to it

A bit pedantic but, you could include this note in the original recommendation and record it all as one. i.e evidence of forgeign bodies and grime within distribution board causing build up of dirt etc at MCB's within or something like that. C3. Check the MCB's for tightness etc and make sure all connections are secure.

you beat us both to it!

Ill agree with the concensus that im being pedantic, ill include it in the code for the broken door hinge.

Cheers guys,
Tim

On a side note, look what i found above the sink. Code 1 i think. (I will fix this on site obviously)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363083709.185332.jpg

And no dissing the voltage detector, they have their uses, however limited.

Make sure you make the relevant people aware about this C1 and ask if they would like for you to make it safe there and then. I agree they are handy. Its Voltage screwdriver phase testers whatever you want to call them that I hate.

May as well shake hands with your nearest 11kV Transformer.

Screwdriver-tester-phase-1319621315_86.jpg

I did check, and it was definatly live, i have now disconnected it from the dp isolator.

Volt sticks are good for indication, but i wouldnt bet my life on them

Cheers,
Tim

The only issue I find with mine is that when the batteries get low, it seems to get triggered by induced voltages. A real pain when it says something's still live when you're sure you've isolated it.
I never rely on it to prove isolation however.

For your DB you need to be looking at its suitability for the environment, you say it's been affected by a broken hinge, which may be true, but that looks pretty grotty and I'd suspect it would still suffer somewhat. It maybe that it needs a cupboard building round it or replacing with one more suitable for the EXTERNAL INFLUENCES, p377 BGB.
a local factory I have worked in, 4times a year hovers out the DB, and all machines as they get full of chipboard and MDF dust !!!!!
I just hope they never have a short circuit

Reply to Eicr code - db is dirty in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net