Discuss EICR Code help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stu75

Just tested a bungalow and fond the power is all supplied by one radial 2.5mm circuit rated at 32A on a fuse not MCB. Was thinking C2, there are only 15 points in the on the circuit and most re not used. will be carrying out a full rewire in a couple of weeks any way. If I reduce the fuse size to 20A con I get away with a C3?

Just tested a bungalow and fond the power is all supplied by one radial 2.5mm circuit rated at 32A on a fuse not MCB. Was thinking C2, there are only 15 points in the on the circuit and most re not used. will be carrying out a full rewire in a couple of weeks any way. If I reduce the fuse size to 20A con I get away with a C3?

If its a 2.5mm cable and the MCB is rated at 20A why would you code it at all?

The point of an EICR is to report the findings of the day - nothing more, nothing less. (EDIT: Unless you find a C1 you can fix on the spot IMHO)

2.5mm cable and a 30A BS 3036 is a C2 IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to EICR Code help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I’m interested to hear other views on BS3871 MCBs being changed following a C2 non compliance on an EICR for over rated protective device. Eg...
Replies
Views
I've recently has an EICR (report attached) carried out on my two bed flat because I need to rent it out for a year. The electrician has come back...
Replies
Views
Hello, I had an eicr done in 2021and it passed with four C3 items. They recommend next test date to be in 3 years instead of 5 on the certificate...
Replies
Views
Hi I am carrying out an EICR. I have a garage mini sub DB supplied via 2 x 2.5mm T&E equivalent 5.0mm protected at main DB by a 32A mcb. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a property that I was looking to rent out. Its 12 years old property so relatively new. I had a EICR done from a qualified electrican...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock