Discuss Eicr Code in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

graham123

6mm singles from 100a TP 60947-2 in a main panel to an adcent enclosure to a 16a 60898-D Tp, then 6mm leaving this to air con units. Would you code 2 the 6mm singles from the 100a 60947-2? As exceeds current carrying capacity?. Or because the 6mm singles are less than 3 metres to the enclosure no code?

On the face of it no code, however are they single insulated/sheathed ?. or double insulated/sheathed ? and are they accessible outside of the enclosures ?, or are they in containment between the enclosures ?

No code.

I would be checking the incoming/outgoing terminations at the 60947 if there were other cables also terminated and the 6mm was just stuffed in with them. Are they tight/secure? Have they been tinned or had ferrules applied?

If all good in your professional opinion, proceed to next inspection :)

Thanks for the replies, I am also wondering what you guys would put for these. No visible bond to Ventilation ducting system from the met. Continuity test between met and ducting 0.01. Put it down as a C3 as their is nothing visible but continuity is acceptable. Also should the lightning conductor pit be bonded back to the met? C3?

are you sure your continuity measurement isnt the R2 of any connected equipment? fans ect, is the ducting actually extraneous?

no expert but some LPS systems are bonded some arnt depends on what the designers of it want.

It could be that the structural steel (which is, or should be already bonded) is utilised as the effective bonding conductor, see 543.2.1 part (vii) and 543.2.6

The LPS, as above, depends on the design

Reply to Eicr Code in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net