Discuss EICR CPS subcription in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gakure

-
Reaction score
Good day Currently I do electrical inspection EICR day in day out, average of 16 a week as an employee. Working on council premises. I was recently asked if I can do a private electrical inspection job, but I wasn't sure where I legally (Regs) fit to undertake the chore. I anyway declined for now. I thought for future requirement, I thought I will ask for myself and others. I have checked through different CPS but wasn't clear for me. I know you need *indemnity insurance *public liability *MFT and other tools *Registration with CPS. (Not clear, if you are registered as domestic installer can you go a head to do EICR or is it a different subscription?) *what else do I need?? Regards

you dont need to be in a scheme to do eicr's if you are only domestic many do not allow you to use the branded forms but do provide generic ones. so read into that what you will.
it comes down to having the insurance and knowledge. could you defend your report if it all went belly up?
a lot of people do the eicrs and never even test half the stuff, its like playing russian roulette but if you are sure you will keep on doing them private then get the admin in place.
also 16 eicrs a week!! average of 3 a day? are these walk in visual inspections or very small properties?

you dont need to be in a scheme to do eicr's if you are only domestic many do not allow you to use the branded forms but do provide generic ones. so read into that what you will.
it comes down to having the insurance and knowledge. could you defend your report if it all went belly up?
a lot of people do the eicrs and never even test half the stuff, its like playing russian roulette but if you are sure you will keep on doing them private then get the admin in place.
also 16 eicrs a week!! average of 3 a day? are these walk in visual inspections or very small properties?
Both visual and testing. (Zs, RCDs, Ze, Ir where possible, r1r2 in case of TTs. Some are big but most are average of 6/7 final circuit.

You can test 20 circuits in 3 different properties in 1 day?

Wow, how far apart are the properties?
Yes, they are council houses. Mostly in the same estate and in rare occassion in the same road.
Challenging but we have to deliver. In the process we take photos as we go.

Reply to EICR CPS subcription in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net