Discuss EICR help needed please :) in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

714gold714

Hello guys
Just after some advice basically i have finished a P.I.R on a house that is rented. Cutting a long story short house is 1960's wiring and i have found alot of code 1's and 2's and the installation has alot of faults eg:

Shower circuit also powering sockets and lights no fusing down etc
no earth wires in lights and metal fittings fitted
no gas and water bond
the list goes on
No main earth tns system (corrected this fault right away)

Basically im just after some advice shall i issue my client with EICR certificates (issue a warning notice?) and he said he wants remiedial work to correct faults shall i just complete remiedial work issue relevant certs eg minor works and installation certificates.

Do i then have to do another P.I.R? once remiedial works is completed or is that it? basically just after what you guys would do as not done a PIR since being self employed and useually boss sorts all this out.

thanks very much

Give him a copy of your completed eicr with all the faults highlighted get your money of him for the test and then give him your quote to put right what you have found and then give him eic Cerys for the new circuits that you use

I always right a letter to go with test Certs explaining what needs updating re wiring always as well putting some photos of what you've found as well makes the whole package look more professional

I'm really not paranoid, honest but I do take a lot of pictures, that way no one can question what it WAS like. There's a lot of holiday cottages here.

Absolutely spot on though, get your payment fot the eicr, put the invoice through with a covering letter explaining in noddy language what the failures are all about and why they are unsafe offer photos too and put an estimate in to do all the remedial.

What I do with an unsatisfactory report is issue it to the client with the invoice.

The client then gets an estimate for the remedial work and the last line on the estimate, is a FOC entry for updating the report to satisfactory - so the client can see that by commiting to me they get the updated EICR for now extra cost.

I have found that if the client wants a PIR/EICR then that's what they get. I tell them the cost for the report first.
Then if they want the remedial works to follow then that will be a separate contract.
IMO it gives the client a cool-off period. Since they may want to get other quotes, It also keeps your report non-biased towards you getting the work.

Hello guys
Just after some advice basically i have finished a P.I.R on a house that is rented. Cutting a long story short house is 1960's wiring and i have found alot of code 1's and 2's and the installation has alot of faults eg:

Shower circuit also powering sockets and lights no fusing down etc
no earth wires in lights and metal fittings fitted
no gas and water bond
the list goes on
No main earth tns system (corrected this fault right away)

Basically im just after some advice shall i issue my client with EICR certificates (issue a warning notice?) and he said he wants remiedial work to correct faults shall i just complete remiedial work issue relevant certs eg minor works and installation certificates.

Do i then have to do another P.I.R? once remiedial works is completed or is that it? basically just after what you guys would do as not done a PIR since being self employed and useually boss sorts all this out.

thanks very much

give the landlord a price to rewire the place

Reply to EICR help needed please :) in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net